Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
iow he oversold the severity of it. Same difference. A 'torn labrum' can be all over the map. You make it seem as though this was all about navigating through an injury/surgery/IR decision. I don't think so. He used it as leverage to get out of town and on the Patriots.
Yeah, I don't we are disagreeing here. He used it to either get a vacation (IR) or a hall pass (waiver).

But he is within his rights to make the call is my only point. And his history, where teams are happy not to pay him the going rate, seems to indicate this is not the only time he has been out for himself first. Like I said, Romo spoke volumes by having virtually nothing nice to say about a former teammate. No funny anecdote or boring, uplifting story. I took his silence for about as much of a condemnation you would get from an ex player about a current player not under indictment.

And given his history, I think this part of his game was known. Assuming Belichick has not outsmarted himself (he has before) its also apparently something you can work around short term. Just not without a vet QB.