Thread: The Defense - Again, the Defense :(

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    It could be worse. They could have Pittsburgh's defense. Yeesh.
    Pittsburgh's defense is much better than ours...

Our LB's are terrible - which would explain why dunderdummy designs gameplans to ensure that as many of them as possible are on the field as much as possible?? What's wrong with that picture??

Capers is lost... don't know what stage of alzheimers he's in, but he's definitely on his way.
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post

Our LB's are terrible - which would explain why dunderdummy designs gameplans to ensure that as many of them as possible are on the field as much as possible?? What's wrong with that picture??

Capers is lost... don't know what stage of alzheimers he's in, but he's definitely on his way.
    I get the feeling you didn't watch the game last night otherwise you might rethink the assertion that Pittsburgh's defense is (in the present tense) better than GBs... they had their glory days with that crew, for sure, but Pittsburgh just got manhandled last night. It was kind of sad to see Brett Keisel just get buried several times.

FYI:
    Pete Damilatis ‏@PFF_Pete 8m
    26, a monstrous number. RT @brooksob53 how many tackles did the Steelers miss in all last night?
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    I get the feeling you didn't watch the game last night otherwise you might rethink the assertion that Pittsburgh's defense is (in the present tense) better than GBs... they had their glory days with that crew, for sure, but Pittsburgh just got manhandled last night. It was kind of sad to see Brett Keisel just get buried several times.

FYI:
    Pete Damilatis ‏@PFF_Pete 8m
    26, a monstrous number. RT @brooksob53 how many tackles did the Steelers miss in all last night?
    I'm not defending Pittsburgh - I'm indicting our defense... it's all relative.

Our defense is better than someone's I'm sure... just don't know who that could be??
    wist

I'm not defending Pittsburgh - I'm indicting our defense... it's all relative.

Our defense is better than someone's I'm sure... just don't know who that could be??
    I'm in full agreement with you on Green Bay's defense being bad and Capers being culpable. I was just pointing out that Pittsburgh's defense is no way better than Green Bay's right now. At all. Their age has caught up with them and they no longer have the personnel to pull off the Capers/LeBeau 3-4, which suggests to me that the scheme really requires the players to know what they're doing and to be physically able to keep up with the demands. Green Bay has the former problem, Pittsburgh now has the latter it seems.

Capers being discombobulated trying to match up personnel in the first game might be a function of the newer approach he was supposed to take. It looked bad, though, and the result was not much better than the last few years.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Blog Entries

Pittsburg's defense is not better than ours right now IMO
    Perhaps our coach is the difference
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?