Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
I'm not sure why this rant about McCarthy not utilizing TEs well. When he had a guy like Graham (Finley and Cook), he utilized them well. It would be great to have three great, all around TEs. There aren't many teams that even have two decent ones. The Chargers with Gates and Henry may have been the closest. Philadelphia did fine with three players with a similar skill set as the Packers current group. Ertz and Graham being the flex TEs, Celek and Lewis being the blocking TEs, and Burton and Kendricks being the undersized flex/H-Back types.
Celek and Ertz both have good all around games. Both can "run, block, catch". Its true that they both lean a bit better in one area, but Graham is the worst blocking TE I have ever seen and Mercedes is no longer a threat to do anything other than block (and as I said, a T lined up at TE is the same).

The 2 examples of TE you mentioned MM used well were catch only, no blocking TEs. Finley was a try hard bad blocker at least. And again, that is why I said signing Graham was probably a good move for us (and trading an all pro center and a 1st was a horrible move for Seattle.)