Thread: Tell me again how the Packers have faith in Ty Montgomery.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    I'm not sure I understand the point/argument that Rutnstrut is trying to make. Monty should feel a lack of confidence now that the Packers have tried to create some quality depth during the draft? Rut, are you saying the Packers showed lack of confidence in Monty? You almost make your own counter argument in your replies when you talk about how things went last year with the lack of depth. I would agree that they did have lack of depth, but that will happen when you lose one backup even before the season starts (Crockett), and significant time to complete season (Starks and Lacy). It's pretty rare that your depth gets challenged so much that you have to convert a WR to a RB. I like to focus on the fact that they found a good, somewhat unexpected option. I knew he had some running back experience in his football career, but never expected the Packers to need it, let alone how well he did when pressed into the role.

This argument is a non-starter. I look at this as nothing more than trying to build up quality depth behind Montgomery. Michael, Jackson, and Crockett are not guaranteed to make the roster. The team has not invested much in them, certainly not enough to stand pat with them and not try and build more competition/depth at that position through the draft or college free agency (although I didn't noticed any more RB's in that class). After yesterday, I think the team hears your depth argument loud and clear, don't you?
    Last edited by Carolina_Packer; 04-30-2017 at 08:26 AM.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan