Thread: OFFICIAL 2015 NFL DRAFT THREAD

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I feel a trade back is in order. A team might be willing to move up just a few spots to get that 5th year on the rookie contract by selecting in the late first instead of early 2nd. I like a lot of guys, but all of the no-brainer guys will most likely be taken before 30. Trading back would leave us with two seconds, a third, two fourths, and as many as three fifths.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    I feel a trade back is in order. A team might be willing to move up just a few spots to get that 5th year on the rookie contract by selecting in the late first instead of early 2nd. I like a lot of guys, but all of the no-brainer guys will most likely be taken before 30. Trading back would leave us with two seconds, a third, two fourths, and as many as three fifths.
    In the 2014 Draft TT didn't trade up or down and that's a departure from what we have grown accustomed to seeing. Last season we also saw TT draft in round 1 for need. That's a departure from his normal style of drafting the BPA.

I see opportunities where TT trading down could work for him as you suggest in Rounds 2 and 3.

The one position I'm somewhat concerned for now is DT. How he proceeds in the Off Season and addresses the DT position before the Draft will have an impact on his drafting strategy.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    In the 2014 Draft TT didn't trade up or down and that's a departure from what we have grown accustomed to seeing. Last season we also saw TT draft in round 1 for need. That's a departure from his normal style of drafting the BPA.

I see opportunities where TT trading down could work for him as you suggest in Rounds 2 and 3.

The one position I'm somewhat concerned for now is DT. How he proceeds in the Off Season and addresses the DT position before the Draft will have an impact on his drafting strategy.
    I disagree. I see no departure from his normal drafting procedure. I think HHCD at #21 was likely the BPA on his board. Many thought he would be drafted earlier than that. Sometimes fortune smiles on you and the BPA is also at a position of need. I think that's what happened here.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I disagree. I see no departure from his normal drafting procedure. I think HHCD at #21 was likely the BPA on his board. Many thought he would be drafted earlier than that. Sometimes fortune smiles on you and the BPA is also at a position of need. I think that's what happened here.
    Looking at this again I agree with you.

Ha Ha Clinton Dix was mocked to go earlier than TT's pick. The stars simply aligned and Dix was the perfect choice for TT and the Green Bay Packers.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau