Thread: Official 2015 Free Agency/Contract Extension Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...linemen/page/9

FR. TOP Offensive Lineman in 2015 Free Agency

2. Bryan Bulaga, Green Bay Packers

" Bryan Bulaga consistently grades out as one of the best right tackles in football when healthy. In 2014, he allowed just four sacks in the regular season and was a major boost for the Green Bay run game. If Bulaga hits the open market, he’ll be one of the best tackles available in the past several years."

Comment woodbuck27:

Between Bryan Bulaga,Randall Cobb and Tramon Williams. Ted Thompson has his work cut out.

I'm wondering when The $Big Guys$ ie Aaron Rodgers and Clay Matthews are going to want to help out by restructuring their contracts to help Ted Thompson manage the talent he already has on the Packers?
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    I'm wondering when The $Big Guys$ ie Aaron Rodgers and Clay Matthews are going to want to help out by restructuring their contracts to help Ted Thompson manage the talent he already has on the Packers?
    I don't think that will be necessary. TT will have the necessary cap room if he feels these players (Cobb, Bulaga, Williams) are worth the money it would take to sign them. There is a danger in restructuring contracts just to give you some temporary salary cap relief. See Arizona and Larry Fitzgerald. TT only asks players to restructure if they are not living up to their contract, as he did with A.J. Hawk a couple of years ago. In that case, Hawk took a pay cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I don't think that will be necessary. TT will have the necessary cap room if he feels these players (Cobb, Bulaga, Williams) are worth the money it would take to sign them. There is a danger in restructuring contracts just to give you some temporary salary cap relief. See Arizona and Larry Fitzgerald. TT only asks players to restructure if they are not living up to their contract, as he did with A.J. Hawk a couple of years ago. In that case, Hawk took a pay cut.
    What about Tom Brady helping out in that respect for the Patriots!?

Brett Favre restructured voluntarily as well.

Whatever it took (Favre) and takes (Tom Brady) to get to the best chance to win the Super Bowl !?

I look at Peyton Manning and how I'd handle him if I was his GM. Peyton Manning would 'only' return at a substantially reduced contract. I cannot imagine that the Broncos will cough up close to $20 million$ next season for a man that just overall hasn't cut it in the payoffs. Manning has only proven what has been there al along. He's a great regular season QB with max protection and he match's his ego with statistical results. Manning is desperate to play in 2015...I wouldn't be surprized to see the same desperation in 2016.....beyond. He doesn't recognize that his best legacy was cemented in the 2014 season and from here on out it'll likely be tarnish.

Then I look at the cost of Alex Smith to Kansas City and I recognize the comparative madness. How can Alex Smith personally justify being paid what? ($18 M$) next season. Where is his upside? Nowhere ! Kansa City needs another QB.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Brett Favre restructured voluntarily as well.

Whatever it took (Favre) and takes (Tom Brady) to get to the best chance to win the Super Bowl !?
    Favre never restructured to take less money overall. Certainly not with the Packers and I don't think so with the Jets or Vikings.

Brady has been advertised as accepting less thank market value, but the top line numbers that people quote are misleading. For instance, I believe Brady's numbers for the rest of his current deal are fully guaranteed.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Favre never restructured to take less money overall. Certainly not with the Packers and I don't think so with the Jets or Vikings.

Brady has been advertised as accepting less thank market value, but the top line numbers that people quote are misleading. For instance, I believe Brady's numbers for the rest of his current deal are fully guaranteed.
    I wonder if this could become a trend, at least at the QB position. There has been some speculation that Seattle might try to do this to some extent with Russell Wilson. Guaranteed contracts can be risky for the team, but QB's are probably less prone to career-altering injuries than players at other positions.