Thread: Official Packers v Bears @ Lambeau Discussion Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Packers are ranked 9th in DVOA on offense, 28th on defense.
    Chicago is ranked 21st on offense, 14th on defense.

Packers offense has been very good since the PIT game, CHI D since the trade for Sweat and Jaylon Johnson realizing he's not getting traded (and playing for that fat contract).

Will be a good matchup. I expect a close game. Division games often are.

Chicago has improved, especially on defense, but Justin Fields hasn't really set the world on fire as a passer. The teams they've beat on their run haven't been the top teams except for Detroit.
    Many of the things that directly contributed to recent Bears wins are unusual - Josh Dobbs throwing 4 INTs, rushing for 250 yards vs. ARI, getting a phenomenal performance from DJ Moore (and stupid play from Taylor Heinecke) vs. ATL.

I'm not calling them frauds, but I don't think they've been a juggernaut either.

Keys to the game:
    - Don't turn the ball over
    - Utilize slot WR and RB as receivers (Bears are bad covering them)
    - Stop the run game
    - Blanket DJ Moore
    - Keep Fields in the pocket

They do those things and they'll win easily. Problem is, most of those are defensive tasks, so I don't trust Barry.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Packers are ranked 9th in DVOA on offense, 28th on defense.
    Chicago is ranked 21st on offense, 14th on defense.

Packers offense has been very good since the PIT game, CHI D since the trade for Sweat and Jaylon Johnson realizing he's not getting traded (and playing for that fat contract).

Will be a good matchup. I expect a close game. Division games often are.

Chicago has improved, especially on defense, but Justin Fields hasn't really set the world on fire as a passer. The teams they've beat on their run haven't been the top teams except for Detroit.
    Many of the things that directly contributed to recent Bears wins are unusual - Josh Dobbs throwing 4 INTs, rushing for 250 yards vs. ARI, getting a phenomenal performance from DJ Moore (and stupid play from Taylor Heinecke) vs. ATL.

I'm not calling them frauds, but I don't think they've been a juggernaut either.

Keys to the game:
    - Don't turn the ball over
    - Utilize slot WR and RB as receivers (Bears are bad covering them)
    - Stop the run game
    - Blanket DJ Moore
    - Keep Fields in the pocket

They do those things and they'll win easily. Problem is, most of those are defensive tasks, so I don't trust Barry.
    Yup. I'm expecting Fields to break some huge runs. Rashan Gary is just not that disciplined, and if Preston doesn't play, neither will Van Ness/Enagbare be. And asking a Joe Barry defense to stop the run - that happens once in a blue moon, and we had ours last week.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack