Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
If you limit us to what we know for sure, none of us, including you, will have much to write on here.
Here we go again. Thanks for the lecture, Dad, I didn't know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
I don't, anymore than you know he did. BUT, on first down, with a few yards ahead of him even at a slow trot, he elected to throw a pass into Lacy's back. That was very atypical Rodgers. On second down, according to some (haven't checked myself) he had another large running lane, but threw to a covered rookie instead. Again, atypical for Rodgers. So, I chose to surmise based on appearance, for the purpose of discussion on a fan site.
Both those moves are completely consistent with Rodgers being unable to run. On the game tying drive it was clear to me that he was laboring mightily to run. Both the toss to Lacy (not to his back) and to Rodgers (not on the same page, don't know who missed the check) made sense
to me. Either way, he wasn't playing for the FG, that much I feel certain about, and I think he was trying to make the best plays he could, knowing his running was extremely limited. The Lacy toss was unfortunate, because I think Lacy was turning and blocking expecting Rodgers to run, which happened enough before the injury that Lacy was probably reacting naturally.

Rodgers delivered just fine, especially based on the effect of the injury on formations, throwing, and running. Had he been totally healthy and played like he did, I would have been disappointed.