Thread: Ron Wolf and the Hall of Fame Class of 2015

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Anyone else feel that Bob Harlan, rather than Wolf, is more deserving of HOF?

I know the HOF is even less well targeted at Administrative Management/Owners than GMs, but Harlan was the one who solved the Exec Committee meddling and got Wolf hired.

That is the story I would like to read. Judge Robert Parins takes a lot of heat (he is all over local coverage as the man who prevented Wolf from being hired the first time), but he was backed by the Exec Committee that was also famous for its meddling. I somehow doubt it stopped when Parins retired/left. Harlan ascended to the top, but how did he convince them to be hands off?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Anyone else feel that Bob Harlan, rather than Wolf, is more deserving of HOF?
    No. Wolf has accomplishments other than GB. But so long as the HOF has execs, Harlan is certainly very deserving. He should be in there, I just think the "busts" should be reserved for the guys who played the game.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck