Thread: Montravius Adams

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    I'll simply go with Sherrod was 'a BUST'.

TT doesn't do very well with 1st Round Picks.

2006 ... AJ Hawk..He never fulfilled his promise. He made a ton of money from Ted Thompson. Ohh 'You bought the Jersey ' !

2007... Justin Harrell...Dear GOD ! Ted waited though.

2008... TT traded down or out of the First Round.

2009... B.J. Raji...A Heavy Parking Lot Pylon.

2011... Derek Sherrod.TT demonstrated another level of patience there.

2013... Datone Jones. He is one team away from being on the Roster of every NFCN Team.

2015... Damarious Randall.Our newest NFL Poster Boy For 'I'm A Serious Problem Child'.

2017.. TT traded down or out of the First Round.
    Woody, you're looking through anti-TT colored glasses, and it's majorly clouding your judgment.

From a post of mine back in April before the draft:

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon
    TT has only had a few mid or top of the round picks:
    2006: AJ Hawk (#5). Reliable starter, eminently replaceable (but wasn't) in a draft that was overall just terrible.
    2007: Justin Harrell (#16). A miss. Injuries killed his career. I don't like calling injured players busts as I reserve that for the Ahmad Carrolls of the NFL, but you can if you want
    2009: BJ Raji (#9). Flashed very brightly in 2010 helping lead to a Super Bowl. I don't know how I'd rank him otherwise, but I'd trade the #9 pick in the draft for that kind of performance in a Super Bowl winning year.

Those are the only times TT picked within the Top 20. After Rodgers first starting season, he hasn't picked inside the 20s (barring a trade up, this will be the eighth year in a row). Restocking and finding quality is tough when two thirds of the league has picked their favorites before you get a chance.

Here are the rest of TT's first round picks in draft order:
    21 (2014): HHCD - appears to be long term starter and a good player
    23 (2010): Bulaga - long term starter and a good player
    26 (2009): Matthews - the second first round pick that year, and someone who had several great seasons to start his career but has tapered off due to injuries; still a good player
    27 (2016): Clark - too early to tell, but he flashed in the playoffs against a good Dallas O-line
    28 (2012): Perry - not a flashy pass rusher, but a very good run defender, and some argue more important to the D than Matthews because of that
    30 (2015): Randall - a terrible sophomore campaign that followed a very promising rookie campaign--he's got one more year to turn it around before we Casey Hayward him.
    30 (2008): Traded into second round for Jordy Nelson
    32 (2011): Sherrod - along with Harrell, the only (so far--Randall, I'm watching you) outright miss by TT in the first round, but again, due to injuries; as I recall though, many people hated the Harrell pick but loved the Sherrod pick at the time. Both failed for the same three reasons: injuries, injuries, injuries.

Anyway, with only 2 out of 12 (maybe 3 depending on how Randall rebounds) first round picks outright failing to deliver value for the Packers, I'd say he's done a pretty good job picking through the leftovers at the end of the round.

If Clark doesn't turn into something special though, I would think we're due for another star in this draft. It's random and completely unpredictable, but we haven't gotten a bonafide star for a while.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    Woody, you're looking through anti-TT colored glasses, and it's majorly clouding your judgment.

From a post of mine back in April before the draft:
    A nice analysis in Post #23 of this thread.

TT and the Packer Drafts of late:

https://lombardiave.com/2017/01/31/t...e-draft-picks/

Ted Thompson: His last five Green Bay Packers drafts are defensive misery

By Raymond Rivard8 months agoFollow @lombardiave

" The Packers GM, who was himself a linebacker in the NFL during his playing days, however, doesn’t seem to be able to draft any player worth their salt on that side of the line.

To make a point, we’ve gone back five years – the amount of time most coaches and GMs are given to produce a Super Bowl champion – and taken a look at the defensive players drafted by Thompson.

What we found wasn’t pretty."

Please Click on the LINK above for more....

Comment woodbuck27: I simply have higher expectations based in what I expect from myself.

I don't still ever do anything and not aim to do it very well. All my life I have proven personally that outstanding effort gave me outstanding results. All my life I rose to the highest levels.I strived to be the WINNER...and too often I was or came close to the GOLD.

That hasn't changed since I joined Packerrats. If you imagine otherwise then I'll suggest you and prejudice. I trust my determination, attitude, brains, skills and wisdom. I don't give a damn and what anyone here imagines different and me. I know who I am.

As for TT. All I see now is Burn Out.

That isn't anything and a prejudice against TT. I actually like Ted Thompson as a person that is rather gentle in his style of being himself. I look at anything and try with great effort to see it as it really is. I'm a Canadian and we hate prejudice and discount anyone who instructs their life on such a lousy basis. Check out the POLLS and our Canadian view of a certain ahhhhh hahaha... I'll go with personality and the USA.

I will remain in my analysis and Green Bay Packers with this:

I hope strongly that Ted Thompson let's go of his GM position this Season. I certainly do NOT want him having any post Packer GM capacity as a Draft Advisor.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 10-16-2017 at 11:25 AM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau