Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread: Round 2

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    That's it for day 2......may or may not be here day three.

Have a good one!
    Good riddance... I mean, see ya bud!
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    10 damn buckeyes taken in the first 3 rounds.... that is crazy...
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

See ya Rast. Thanks for all your input and help with the draft thread!

There's a lot to be said for football IQ - but I value physical ability first. Physical ability gives a guy a higher ceiling; Fackrell ceiling isn't very high b/c his so limited physically. He will be a steady, unspectacular, hold the edge, and clean up the garbage kind of player.

Not what I was looking for.
    wist

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    There's a lot to be said for football IQ - but I value physical ability first. Physical ability gives a guy a higher ceiling; Fackrell ceiling isn't very high b/c his so limited physically. He will be a steady, unspectacular, hold the edge, and clean up the garbage kind of player.

Much better. A very solid review, not soft at all.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

A 6'5, 245 lbs OLB, in a pass happy conference, with 4 sacks??

He's soft - of course - and he's not athletic enough to get the edge... I don't get it.
    15 tackles for loss and dropped into coverage quite a bit which reduces sack opportunities.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    15 tackles for loss and dropped into coverage quite a bit which reduces sack opportunities.
    He's a finesse guy that plays in space a lot... I watched a couple game tapes of him, his assignments were consistent - played in space a lot, even lined up on the slot receiver from time to time.

Okay, fine... but what does that say about him as a point of attack defender and pass rusher?? Did we just draft a 6' 5" slot corner??

Here is Dane Bugler's overview on him... pretty much agree with this assessment from what I've watched of him.

IN OUR VIEW: A three-year starter, Fackrell lined up as an edge rusher and outside linebacker in Utah State's 3-4 base and was a jack-of-all-trades defender who rushed and dropped in coverage.

He is a tall, long-armed and flexible athlete with range and closing burst, doing his best work in space because he's not a power player. Fackrell can be too easily controlled at the point of attack and needs to develop his take-on strength to better dispose of blockers, but the competitive toughness is there. He has above average intangibles and you won't find anyone who says something negative about him as a person.

Fackrell isn't an explosive player, but floats with great effort in pursuit and offers functional versatility to be an every-down player, ideally suited in a 3-4 scheme.

--Dane Brugler (2/13/16)
    wist

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Anybody notice this line in the scouting report Raz posted on Fackrell? "has ballskills and would be a very intriguing tight end prospect."

There IS a method to TT's madness!
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Limited athleticism my ass

Blazing fast 1.61 10 yard dash. Consequently same as Matthews.

34.5" vert and 10' 01" broad jump. Also comparable to Clay Matthews.

Lots of length with 33 1/4" arms

He's got everything it takes.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

I had him as one of the best coverage LBs in the draft. Makes me wonder if he can play nickel LB in place of Joe Thomas. I had him as a late 2nd/early 3rd round pick. There were a couple of other guys I had a bit higher, but all three picks were near the top of the available players on my board at the time, so it's hard to nitpick. In terms of my favorite picks for the Packers so far: I'd go Spriggs, Clark, Fackrell.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Anybody notice this line in the scouting report Raz posted on Fackrell? "has ballskills and would be a very intriguing tight end prospect."

There IS a method to TT's madness!
    If Ted was a basketball director of operations, every team he had would look like Xavier. 6' 7", 245 across the board.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    I had him as one of the best coverage LBs in the draft. Makes me wonder if he can play nickel LB in place of Joe Thomas. I had him as a late 2nd/early 3rd round pick. There were a couple of other guys I had a bit higher, but all three picks were near the top of the available players on my board at the time, so it's hard to nitpick. In terms of my favorite picks for the Packers so far: I'd go Spriggs, Clark, Fackrell.
    I am not going to let this thin reed of dime LB hope go until they release him in 5 years.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries

WIST WIST WIST; Let the truth set you free !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your hatred of this draft.....should lend more evidence for you to realize....when the defense struggles...it's NOT Dom.................it's TED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

If it was going to be a need draft, I like it. Didn't reach or climb for weak positions. Traded up for a marginal first round talent in the middle of second. Didn't take an ILB just to take one in a draft that was weak at the top of that position. Got the third choice of D line help without moving up.

Still don't like need drafts (hello Jerel Worthy!) but this one doesn't seem egregious.

Clay's 10 yd was 1.49, if I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    Kentrell Brothers? Not on your list?
    Not a big fan. I don't like short (6') and slow (4.86 40).
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    Clay's 10 yd was 1.49, if I remember correctly.
    at his pro day
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Good list, but maybe too short. It could be that none will be available when GB picks.
    The Packers ended up getting two of the 20 (adding Spriggs) I listed at the start of the day. Not bad.

Note: I just missed copy and pasting Spriggs to the list. He would have been third on my list. I had Coleman 6th on the list, and you can see here that I had Spriggs comfortably higher on my board.
    http://packerrats.com/showthread.php...16-Draft/page7

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Ding! Ding! If nothing else, it sort of fits the strategy of having a lot of versatility when keeping the same guys on the field.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    And the "Striking while the iron is cold" award goes to Cardale Jones.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck