Thread: Brett Hundley - Ongoing discussion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Oh I see what's going on here. I was assuming we were talking about Rodger's stint replacing injured Favre at Dallas in Nov. 2007. A week before that was when I saw Rodgers practice before the Thanksgiving game at Detroit and thought he was a keeper. Then he proved it at Dallas.
    Gotcha. That fill in stint definitely moved the needle for AR with the public.

But there were still lots of complaints about his game into 2009.

But mostly I am contending we gotta give Hundley a few games to get it in gear with and against starters. And while his HC figures out how to help the kid get the ball downfield.

There is a gif of Hundley in the pocket early in the game. Pocket is noisy but clean and NO ONE is in the middle of the field. But Nelson, who probably had a middle of the field route, has noticed the single high safety drifted over to the Offense's right. So Jordy can run a go from the slot and be uncovered for a TD. He raises his hand but Hundley's eyes have come down to the pass rush, looking for an escape lane.

I bet it was a route adjustment and BH didn't quite see it as he was distracted by some pressure that was not imminent. Its going to take a while.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Gotcha. That fill in stint definitely moved the needle for AR with the public.

But there were still lots of complaints about his game into 2009.

But mostly I am contending we gotta give Hundley a few games to get it in gear with and against starters. And while his HC figures out how to help the kid get the ball downfield.

There is a gif of Hundley in the pocket early in the game. Pocket is noisy but clean and NO ONE is in the middle of the field. But Nelson, who probably had a middle of the field route, has noticed the single high safety drifted over to the Offense's right. So Jordy can run a go from the slot and be uncovered for a TD. He raises his hand but Hundley's eyes have come down to the pass rush, looking for an escape lane.

I bet it was a route adjustment and BH didn't quite see it as he was distracted by some pressure that was not imminent. Its going to take a while.
    Not keeping his eyes down field and being too eager to cut and run might be his Achilles's heel.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Not keeping his eyes down field and being too eager to cut and run might be his Achilles's heel.
    Time for me to post my Hundley scouting report again. heh heh
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    As it is for any QB who's getting used to the NFL pace and talent. It's the rare exception that jumps in and does that naturally with 300 lb lineman running at you faster than your college WRs could run.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.