Page 178 of 563 FirstFirst ... 78 128 168 176 177 178 179 180 188 228 278 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,560 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by th87
    I was always a Favre supporter. When he flipped out about Moss, I could see where he was coming from, for example. When he went on Greta, I was pretty shocked and disappointed, but I still thought there was some way out of this.

However, AS SOON AS I found that Favre was interested in the Vikings, all that good will went straight out the window.

Why? Because I thought Favre was different. I thought Packers football was different. I thought Favre was loyal to us Packer fans until the end of time. I considered Packer nation to be as close to a real nation as you can get. HOW COULD HE sign with our number 1 rival?? That's as close to real treason as you can get!

This is not just entertainment! This is GREEN BAY PACKER FOOTBALL. It's a part of my life and always will be.

And so the reason I want Favre to fail is precisely because I supported him so fervently all these years. He made me believe he was different - that Packer fans never had to worry about THE BRETT FAVRE to switch allegiances. Because he's better than that, and we're better than that.

But he showed me that none of that matters. He stabbed ME in the back. I took it VERY personally.

And so did everybody who booed.
    QFT.

Bert had a chance to be in a very small pantheon of heroes. He blew it.

Butler and Hendu are Packer People. Bert is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Bigguns
    Quote Originally Posted by th87
    I was always a Favre supporter. When he flipped out about Moss, I could see where he was coming from, for example. When he went on Greta, I was pretty shocked and disappointed, but I still thought there was some way out of this.

However, AS SOON AS I found that Favre was interested in the Vikings, all that good will went straight out the window.

Why? Because I thought Favre was different. I thought Packers football was different. I thought Favre was loyal to us Packer fans until the end of time. I considered Packer nation to be as close to a real nation as you can get. HOW COULD HE sign with our number 1 rival?? That's as close to real treason as you can get!

This is not just entertainment! This is GREEN BAY PACKER FOOTBALL. It's a part of my life and always will be.

And so the reason I want Favre to fail is precisely because I supported him so fervently all these years. He made me believe he was different - that Packer fans never had to worry about THE BRETT FAVRE to switch allegiances. Because he's better than that, and we're better than that.

But he showed me that none of that matters. He stabbed ME in the back. I took it VERY personally.

And so did everybody who booed.
    QFT.

Bert had a chance to be in a very small pantheon of heroes. He blew it.

Butler and Hendu are Packer People. Bert is not.
    Right on. He could've been beloved forever in Wisconsin. Wisconsin's pride. Statues, legends. People centuries from now would be taking about him like they talk about Abraham Lincoln or somebody.

I can't believe anybody could be that dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007
    Yep, I was rooting for Brett on Sunday. And I was disappointed Packer fans boo'd him. I knew there would be some when he came out on the field, but I didn't expect to hear it throughout the whole first quarter. Here's the thing though, it wasn't just that they were boo'ing someone who gave them everything he had for 16 years, it was more so that Packer fans have always taken pride in being the greatest fans...the friendliest fans, etc. and I felt a little embarrassed by all the boo'ing. I personally think boo'ing a player....any player is wrong (unless they do something like Sapp did and hurt another player in the manner in which he did). Just my opinion.

Why feel a little embarrassment? I had forgotten about this until I was watching the game on Sunday, but I remember when Favre broke the TD record vs the Vikings and the whole Metrodome stood and cheered for him. I remember thinking how great it was that football fans could step out of the box and cheer for a QB's great accomplishment regardless of the uniform he was wearing...even if it was a rival team.

To each their own on the whole boo'ing thing...I'm just saying it's not for me. I was happy to see some Packer fans holding up signs in support of Favre on Sunday. Whether you want to believe it or not, there are a lot more Packer fans out there that feel the way I do.

But anyway, pretty excited about those Packer/Bear tickets we got for 12/13. It will be brrrr cold in Chicago but they are good seats and can't wait to go!
    Are you really comparing these 2 situations? Recognition for a long-standing record being broken vs. expecting fans to cheer someone who went to the enemy. And that's without even attempting to get into what Favre meant to Packer fans or the shady way in which he made his way to Minnesota.
    Go PACK

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641
    Yep, I was rooting for Brett on Sunday. And I was disappointed Packer fans boo'd him. I knew there would be some when he came out on the field, but I didn't expect to hear it throughout the whole first quarter. Here's the thing though, it wasn't just that they were boo'ing someone who gave them everything he had for 16 years, it was more so that Packer fans have always taken pride in being the greatest fans...the friendliest fans, etc. and I felt a little embarrassed by all the boo'ing. I personally think boo'ing a player....any player is wrong (unless they do something like Sapp did and hurt another player in the manner in which he did). Just my opinion.

Why feel a little embarrassment? I had forgotten about this until I was watching the game on Sunday, but I remember when Favre broke the TD record vs the Vikings and the whole Metrodome stood and cheered for him. I remember thinking how great it was that football fans could step out of the box and cheer for a QB's great accomplishment regardless of the uniform he was wearing...even if it was a rival team.

To each their own on the whole boo'ing thing...I'm just saying it's not for me. I was happy to see some Packer fans holding up signs in support of Favre on Sunday. Whether you want to believe it or not, there are a lot more Packer fans out there that feel the way I do.

But anyway, pretty excited about those Packer/Bear tickets we got for 12/13. It will be brrrr cold in Chicago but they are good seats and can't wait to go!
    Are you really comparing these 2 situations? Recognition for a long-standing record being broken vs. expecting fans to cheer someone who went to the enemy. And that's without even attempting to get into what Favre meant to Packer fans or the shady way in which he made his way to Minnesota.
    How are they not similar situations?

Those records were broke at the Vikings expense. They lost games because Brett broke that record. He did it in what, 32 games against them...

Yet, they still cheered him because they respected him.

Brett broke that same record 4 times on Sunday. The same one the Viking's fans cheered him for, despite kicking there tail by playing against them in 30 something games.

The Packer fans, who he played some outrageous number of games for in a row mind you, booed him when he broke that record all four times on Sunday. For shame.

I know you're going to come back and argue "He was beating our team". So what? He was beating the Vikings and they still cheered for him and showed respect. Why? Because they know how it is to not have a star QB. GB is still adjusting to having only a 7 for prom date instead of a 10.

It really is pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Partial

Those records were broke at the Vikings expense. They lost games because Brett broke that record. He did it in what, 32 games against them...

Brett broke that same record 4 times on Sunday. The same one the Viking's fans cheered him for, despite kicking there tail by playing against them in 30 something games.

The Packer fans, who he played some outrageous number of games for in a row mind you, booed him when he broke that record all four times on Sunday. For shame.

I know you're going to come back and argue "He was beating our team". So what? He was beating the Vikings and they still cheered for him and showed respect. Why? Because they know how it is to not have a star QB. GB is still adjusting to having only a 7 for prom date instead of a 10.

It really is pathetic.
    You answered your own question. It has nothing to do with winning or losing, it's about respect. Favre had the respect of Packer nation, he lost a lot of it with his antics.
    Go PACK

Packer fans boo'd Brett because he's a scumbag, and not everyone is willing to fabricate excuses for his inexcusable behavior. I'll bet that Matt Millen gets it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/icebowltickets.png

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell
    Packer fans boo'd Brett because he's a scumbag, and not everyone is willing to fabricate excuses for his inexcusable behavior. I'll bet that Matt Millen gets it.
    How is he a scum bag? I think he's a pos for screwing around on his wife, but at the same time how many pro athletes do this? Most. Funny story recently about Santana Dotson trying to take a friend of mine home despite having a wife and kids at home.

He has done more good through charity than 99.9% of people have.

You guys are ridiculous. You build this fantasy world up in your head where he did this awful thing. What is the awful thing? Wanting to play for someone else? So what? I think it looks bad and isn't really cool but it certainly isn't awful and I don't think it makes him less of a person.

Blog Entries
    Silly Partial......he was dishonest and manipulative.....that makes him a terrible terrible person..... and we've coined all kinds of terrible phrases to make him sound more like the devil.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Bigguns
    Nice of you to admit that you rooted for Favre over the packers. Now you can finally move to becoming a vikes fan.

Wow. All that booing sounds traumatic for you. Must have been quite a shocker to come face to face with reality.

Well, ty thought the stories you made up regarding Favre....well showed signs of delusion, but now this....can even being to figure out the massive rationalizations in your head.

Have you always had the ability to discern the thoughts and emotions behind fan's boos?

I'm sure the Bear's game will be fun for you. Have you decided who you will be rooting for? The pack is the team in the green and gold.
    I don't buy in to your BS in looking for an argument...not worth my time.

I do want to add though, a while back there was a thread titled, WTF is going on here....or something to that effect. Your post is a perfect example of WTF is going on. I made sure to point out my post was my opinion....and added, to each their own. You respond with belittling comments meant for nothing more than to offend and berate. Sad little world you live in, but you have a good day Ty.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Mike
    This year's Vikings are the most talented team Favre has ever played with.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Deion ought to know about being sold to the highest bidder.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

OK, if you saw Favre "blow" his nose w/o a tissue (lol) on Sunday this is funny... kinda gross, but funny w/ the music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbk2BXEWEWg
    Really, 007, this is too much. Do you cheer when he picks his ass too?

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand
    OK, if you saw Favre "blow" his nose w/o a tissue (lol) on Sunday this is funny... kinda gross, but funny w/ the music.

Really, mraynrand, and people wonder why this place isn't FUN anymore?

I think that cheering the nose blow is a little over the top. Even my favorite Favre fan thought it was too. Plus, I thought my retort about picking his ass was funny. Perhaps I should have put a smiley face in there

? HOFer

To be fair it was really gross

For me, it comes down to this:

What I liked most about Favre was his brutal (sometimes too brutal) honesty and how I could believe what he said as not being PR BS. Since that is exactly what he wasn't able to do during this whole thing I am rather pissed off, since what I liked best about him seems to have gone by the wayside. Too many conflicting statements and actions to count, including flat out lying about not wanting to unretire, making up stories about being tricked into playing and throwing his "friend" Campen under the bus for no good reason other than to make himself look good, asking for a flat out release when he was under contract (honor your contract J. Walker...), constant contact with the Vikings, going out of his way to call the Packer's opponent allegedly discussing the Packer's tendencies....ect...

One or two things I can handle, but this is just a clear trend that I could see even if I had severe cataracts in both eyes.

Just my opinion.

It really is pathetic.
    The whole Metrodome cheered in 2007 because it was mostly Packers fans that day, not polite Vikings fans.

Article: VIKINGS NOTES; Packers fans make Dome home away from home.(SPORTS)

Article from:
    Star Tribune (Minneapolis, MN)
    Article date:
    October 2, 2007
    Author:
    Zulgad, Judd; Seifert, Kevin CopyrightCOPYRIGHT 2007 Star Tribune Co. This material is published under license from the publisher through the Gale Group, Farmington Hills, Michigan. All inquiries regarding rights should be directed to the Gale Group. (Hide copyright information)

Byline: Judd Zulgad; Kevin Seifert; Staff Writers

The number of Green Bay Packers fans in attendance at the Metrodome on Sunday did not go unnoticed on the Vikings sideline.

"It seemed like we were playing at Lambeau Field," cornerback Antoine Winfield said Monday. "It was unreal. When our offense was on the field, it was loud in there. I've never been a part of a team having two home fields before."

The Packers always attract a large following when they play in Minnesota, but Sunday's announced attendance of 63,779 seemed to include more Green Bay fans than usual. This was largely because quarterback Brett Favre entered the game needing only one touchdown pass to ...

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-169477098.html
    "When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time" Max McGee

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by green_bowl_packer

It really is pathetic.
    The whole Metrodome cheered in 2007 because it was mostly Packers fans that day, not polite Vikings fans.

Article: VIKINGS NOTES; Packers fans make Dome home away from home.(SPORTS)

Article from:
    Star Tribune (Minneapolis, MN)
    Article date:
    October 2, 2007
    Author:
    Zulgad, Judd; Seifert, Kevin CopyrightCOPYRIGHT 2007 Star Tribune Co. This material is published under license from the publisher through the Gale Group, Farmington Hills, Michigan. All inquiries regarding rights should be directed to the Gale Group. (Hide copyright information)

Byline: Judd Zulgad; Kevin Seifert; Staff Writers

The number of Green Bay Packers fans in attendance at the Metrodome on Sunday did not go unnoticed on the Vikings sideline.

"It seemed like we were playing at Lambeau Field," cornerback Antoine Winfield said Monday. "It was unreal. When our offense was on the field, it was loud in there. I've never been a part of a team having two home fields before."

The Packers always attract a large following when they play in Minnesota, but Sunday's announced attendance of 63,779 seemed to include more Green Bay fans than usual. This was largely because quarterback Brett Favre entered the game needing only one touchdown pass to ...

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-169477098.html
    If you want to buy single game tickets for the Vikings/Packers, MINN makes you purchase a preseason game also because so many Packer fans come.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

The final verdict is in. After 15 months of heated deliberation, a Lambeau stadium crowd of 70,000 mostly loyal Packer fans have found Brett Favre guilty of high treason. He has forever been branded a traitor.