Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: More Banjo: @ Saints Week Oh Who the *$%&! Cares

Quote Originally Posted by PaCkFan_n_MD View Post
    Sure a QB can be lights out some games and a little off in others. However, usually the games the QB is a little off are the ones when hes getting pressure in the face. He had all day to throw most of the game.
    Pressure can be part of it, but do you think Cutler would have had the same results as Brees if he had been NO's QB last night?

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Pressure can be part of it, but do you think Cutler would have had the same results as Brees if he had been NO's QB last night?
    My earlier post:

Sadly this is very true. I had a bad feeling about this game. Since 2009, I have far too many memories of packer defenses under Dom Capers allowing 40+ points when playing the elite QBs in the league. Warner, Brees, Manning, Brady, etc. The QBs who know where to go with the football before the snap always kill us. Against the next QB tier down, the defense usually plays very well. See 2010 superbowl run: Vick, Ryan, Culter, Big Ben. I know we are in for a long game when I see Brady, Manning, Brees, and now Kap and Wilson (b/c of read option). Avoid those five somehow in the playoffs and I think we have a decent chance at winning the superbowl.
    Draft Brandin Cooks WR OSU!

Quote Originally Posted by PaCkFan_n_MD View Post
    My earlier post:

Sadly this is very true. I had a bad feeling about this game. Since 2009, I have far too many memories of packer defenses under Dom Capers allowing 40+ points when playing the elite QBs in the league. Warner, Brees, Manning, Brady, etc. The QBs who know where to go with the football before the snap always kill us. Against the next QB tier down, the defense usually plays very well. See 2010 superbowl run: Vick, Ryan, Culter, Big Ben. I know we are in for a long game when I see Brady, Manning, Brees, and now Kap and Wilson (b/c of read option). Avoid those five somehow in the playoffs and I think we have a decent chance at winning the superbowl.
    On a grand scale, looking at more than just a game here and there, I don't thing the D plays better or worse depending on the QB they face. I think their play is very similar, but the results (and appearance) are often quite different. They can be exposed without actually playing worse.

This is true. And I feel that the elite Qbs see those weaknesses and pick them apart. I remember Kurt Warner being extremely confident and almost cocky before that 2009 playoff game saying something along the lines of "he sees a lot of big plays coming." Maybe more man coverage and blitzs would help. We have the dbs and pass rushers. Giving these guys all day to throw and dropping into coverage doesn't seem to be working.
    Draft Brandin Cooks WR OSU!

Rodgers didn't look right for the remainder of the game. Adams didn't lose awarenes of where the first down was, he had to shift his momentum backward to catch the pass that was just a bit off. Rodgers at his best makes a better throw for the 1st down.
    This. He was short on several balls including that 3rd down completion to Adams included. Poor replay spotting of ball aside, if they hit it clean, its a first down. As it turned out, 4th down run got stuffed.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    This. He was short on several balls including that 3rd down completion to Adams included. Poor replay spotting of ball aside, if they hit it clean, its a first down. As it turned out, 4th down run got stuffed.
    Rodgers wasn't stepping into throws like normal. Even the ones that got there didn't have the normal zip on them.
    Go PACK

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 2h2 hours ago
    Per #Packers PR director @JTWahlers, RG @TJLang70 suffered his ankle injury on the PAT after Green Bay's first TD.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Questionable (mental lapse).

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Questionable (mental lapse).
    You sure have had some of those.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    You sure have had some of those.
    I am considering IR-DTR to have time for a brain scan and some Lumosity training.

Or just play Portal 2.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    I am considering IR-DTR to have time for a brain scan and some Lumosity training.

Or just play Portal 2.
    So in Packers speak, you have a brain.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    So in Packers speak, you have a brain.
    The cake, as well as the improved D performance....is a lie

I dont know how much of an impact the injury really had.

To me, momentum had been lost and it had become a dog fight after the cutsie play with peppers followed by tue idiot onsides kick

We looked unstopable like last week before those two plays, and inept the rest of the game

I think we underestimated the saints, came out screwing around, and we werent prepaired to play the real football game that broke out

The Packers have been winning this year by winning the turnover battle, and by winning the red zone efficiency battle. They lost those battles Sunday night.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    To me, momentum had been lost and it had become a dog fight after the cutsie play with peppers followed by tue idiot onsides kick
    Neither of those turned tide of game.

I would never pass to Peterson because he doesn't get a lot of practice catching. JJ Watt, ex-tight end, dropped ball right in his hands in endzone when Houston tried to make him a hero. I also wouldn't let anybody but the kicker try field goals.

On a lot of plays last night, the receivers were not "wide open uncovered". Open? I suppose, but on many it took excellent throws to get the completion and not a batted ball or an interception. That is what the elite QBs give you that guys like Cutler do not give you on a consistent basis.
    There were two passes in particular I remember in which a receiver ended up totally uncovered. The announcers commented on it, I really can't remember why it was. I seem to have a bit of spot amnesia where last night is concerned
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Pro games change on a few plays. The last 4 plays of the Packers 1st possession in the 2nd half changed the game.
    Agreed, and I think those last two passes I mentioned in my last post were very key. Those, and that whack-a-doodle interception on the pass that bounced off Quarless's chest.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    There were two passes in particular I remember in which a receiver ended up totally uncovered. The announcers commented on it, I really can't remember why it was. I seem to have a bit of spot amnesia where last night is concerned
    There were three I remember. TD to TE in the flat. Similar play, midfield, player into flat after motion. He was covered but it was late and behind. Packers actually corned him well to get him down when they did.

Third was the crossing pattern out of backfield after motion. He was uncovered completely and was the only one other than the TE who I would call wide open. I think an ILB (Lattimore) blew that one.

All said above is true, but the key, I think, was when Rodgers tweaked his hamstring.

Tie game at half with the teams matching each other TD for TD and FG for FG.
    NO takes possession with the 2nd half kickoff to a first down, but then the Packer "D" holds on 4th down for a huge change of possession without a score in a puntless game.
    Packers drive down field quickly, have 1st and goal from the 6, but with Rodgers clearly a bit hobbled.
    With Rodgers out of sync, the expected run on 1st goes no where, Rodgers quickly gets rid of the 2nd down pass on a play he would normally have extended, then tries another quick, no movement pass that is intercepted.

A chance to go up by 7, or at least 3 evaporates, and the Packers can no longer keep up without Rodgers at his best.

Not saying they would have won, but until Rodgers' injury, I think the game looked like a classic shoot-out with teams matching score for score, but with the Packers looking to be in the leadership role and NO playing catchup, at least for a while. Up to that point, there was no evidence that the NO defense could stop the Packers any more than there was evidence GB could stop NO.
    I don't think any of us can say truthfully we thought our D was gonna stop Brees and company. I'm with you, NO couldn't stop us either. The main reason IMO of why we had to settle for FGs and not TDs before Aaron got hurt was we were screwing up more than anything NO did. Once AR hurt his hammy all bets were off. Most teams with elite QBs like Brees and Rodgers will suffer when their guy goes down or isn't playing well.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 2h2 hours ago
    Per #Packers PR director @JTWahlers, RG @TJLang70 suffered his ankle injury on the PAT after Green Bay's first TD.
    I think his loss was huge. Poor Taylor was overwhelmed.