Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Official Packers/Cowboys Divisional Game Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Bretsky said a bunch of really pessimistic shit about the Packers losing
    The reverse whammy is in. Packers win!! Packers win!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    Austin
    One of the little Patlers has been in Austin for a couple years.
    Interesting area of Texas, except when it is 110 degrees!

It has now been six weeks since Nick Perry's injury. I wonder how close he is to not needing the excessive padding for his hand?

I thought "little Patler" lived in your pants.

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    EEEEEEUUUUU!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    Austin
    Sounds close to me.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    BOOO-URNS!
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    The reverse whammy is in. Packers win!! Packers win!!
    I am not sure Fritz is convinced we lose yet.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I am not sure Fritz is convinced we lose yet.
    How can you not be convinced the Pack loses? They have a better defense, Oline, run game and we don't have our top WR and our defense could barely slow down the Giants, we got lucky they imploaded.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

I see everybody is Drunk on Homer Juice; here comes some reality tea.

Dallas front is going to control our DL....simply put there are just way better. Eliott tears is up and Dom is forced to use some extreme measure to try to stop him...includeing some rush blitzes that leave us vulnerable elsewhere. This hurts our pass rush and outside contain...as Dak Prescott uses a combo of his passing and rushing to have a very effective day.

AROD has a very nice day and having a TE gives our offense a great assist. But in the end Dallas is simply put a better team. Here are Ten Predictions for Game Day

1. Red is intoxicated throwing mass profanities during the game regarding our defense
    2. Wist shows up blaming Dom Capers and his lack of creativity for everything
    3. Dom has to play some serous chess matches to figure out how to contain Eliot which includes some run blitzes
    4. Clay Matthews sees quite a bit of time at ILB to try to stop Eliot
    5. Moving Matthews insides aids in Zak Prescott having a nice running day as we lose outside contain on some key third downs
    6. AROD has a nice day and puts up about300 yards and 30 points, but Dallas puts up more
    7. Jarred Cook impacts this game and we're pounding the table for an extension
    8. Davante Adams and another each drop at least one key pass
    9. Green Bay loses the turnover battle --1
    10. Bretsky offers a simple solution for next year; hire Eliot Wolf and bump TT permanently to the film room
    Finally. Some reality in this thread. Except for#8 and 10 I agree completely. People here are not paying attention if they think Prescott will wilt under pressure. And Elliot has fresh legs. The whole team is rested and healthy. Green Bay is simply not talented enough in key places defensively to stop the Dallas offense, which will put tremendous pressure on the offense to score touchdowns every possession.

This is the end of the run, I'm afraid.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by scharpcheddar View Post
    The Pack had no business beating the Giants. There's absolutely no reason they should beat Dallas but they of course will anyway.
    Well, they beat the Giants twice this year...so I think you are a trolling moron.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

When I read "drunk on homer juice", I knew somebody was talking about me.

The Packers should win this game. I say that having seen every game played by my second favorite team, the Cowboys. As the regular season ended, the Cowboys were sliding. The team we just beat - that had recently beaten the Cowboys - SEEMED to be a worse match up - outstanding receivers against our hobbled DBs, outstanding D against the best part of our team, etc. The Cowboys, on the other hand, don't have nearly the D that the Giants have. We should be able to score half a hundred on them the way our offense is playing now. They do, of course, have a very much better QB and RB than the Giants and almost as good receivers. It isn't gonna be easy. We're gonna need to outscore them and get just enough stops and turnovers. Prescott hates throwing interceptions just like Aaron Rodgers, but he did throw a couple in Green Bay. As I said before, Dom Capers is really good at taking away the best thing an opponent does - Ezekial Elliot running. There will be slip-ups, but overall, it will be a good day.

Packers 45 Cowboys 27
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

I see everybody is Drunk on Homer Juice; here comes some reality tea.

Dallas front is going to control our DL....simply put there are just way better. Eliott tears is up and Dom is forced to use some extreme measure to try to stop him...includeing some rush blitzes that leave us vulnerable elsewhere. This hurts our pass rush and outside contain...as Dak Prescott uses a combo of his passing and rushing to have a very effective day.

AROD has a very nice day and having a TE gives our offense a great assist. But in the end Dallas is simply put a better team. Here are Ten Predictions for Game Day

1. Red is intoxicated throwing mass profanities during the game regarding our defense
    2. Wist shows up blaming Dom Capers and his lack of creativity for everything
    3. Dom has to play some serous chess matches to figure out how to contain Eliot which includes some run blitzes
    4. Clay Matthews sees quite a bit of time at ILB to try to stop Eliot
    5. Moving Matthews insides aids in Zak Prescott having a nice running day as we lose outside contain on some key third downs
    6. AROD has a nice day and puts up about300 yards and 30 points, but Dallas puts up more
    7. Jarred Cook impacts this game and we're pounding the table for an extension
    8. Davante Adams and another each drop at least one key pass
    9. Green Bay loses the turnover battle --1
    10. Bretsky offers a simple solution for next year; hire Eliot Wolf and bump TT permanently to the film room

Matthews at ILB might improve edge containment if it means Perry is playing full time even with his club.

You know, I thought last night that they needed to move Matthews inside for this game - then I read Pete Dougherty's account of the first GB-Dallas game. Been there, done that. It didn't work.

Let's face it: Green Bay just does not hold up against a good running team. And Dallas is the best running team in the league, with another area of strength (a fast or wiley tight end) that the Packers struggle against. In addition, Prescott is mobile - you can't just go hell's bells into the pocket.

One other thing no one seems to have mentioned is the fact that after his monster "break out" game against Chicago, Ty Montgomery has been amazingly ineffective running the football, even with defenses designed to stop Rodgers and the passing game.

I think it'll be a game for a while but the Packers will not be able to keep the dike from bursting, and it's going to get ugly as Dallas will dominate TOP.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

The Packers will do much better this game versus the run. They got WAY out of alignment trying to make great plays against the Dallas run packages in the first game and a lotta people left gaps WIDE open. Martinez did this several times as did Dix and Guion. Looked like Raji waging a one man penetration war against Adrian Peterson. Need to stay disciplined.

And they will be more disciplined this time.

Game will come down to making plays when at personnel disadvantage: Packers go base and the Cowboys stay 3 WR (not going to happen a lot but I bet it does for short yardage). And then the reverse, Packer's nickel versus the D run game.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    It has now been six weeks since Nick Perry's injury. I wonder how close he is to not needing the excessive padding for his hand?
    He's the Cowboy Bob Orton of the NFL, it's never coming off.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post

And they will be more disciplined this time.

Packers gonna mix 7 man boxes and 8 man. Dallas plays mostly 3 wr, zeke and witten. That means it's gonna be mostly nickle. Gunter and Randall can be beaten so we can't just load the box every play. But if they're disciplined, zeke will get only 4,5, 6 yards per carry against the 7 man box. None of that big stuff. Then we pick our spots to run blitz and load the box. If Dallas gets 30 yards then we make a play or two and force a punt or field goal we should win.

I'm not saying Zeke isn't going to get yards. I'm not saying they're not going to score. I do think if the guys are disciplined and take their risks according to the scheme not whenebever they feel like it, we can get those key stops and catch the rookies off guard in some situations.

Our offense needs to play well and STs too. Turnovers should lean our way to make up for home field. We do that, we win!

I think you're right about loading up the box. That should serve to stop Elliot running. You're also right, Gunter and Randall can be beat. What I see, though, is that they match up really well with Bryant and Williams. One thing that worries me, though, is Elliot catching passes. If we keep the two deep Safeties, a linebacker is gonna have to cover Elliot. That is a risk for giving up yardage. Having another LB covering Witten is also risky but doable. Having Hyde or maybe Rollins or whoever covering Beasley in the slot also is a threat. We're gonna give up yardage - hopefully not big plays if we keep the two deep Safeties. If Dallas stays disciplined and just takes what we give them in this scenario, they have some long drives and do some scoring. Hopefully they will also lose discipline and give up some turnovers though. Either way, I'm pretty sure the Packers are gonna outscore them.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 53m53 minutes ago
    #Packers add CB Damarious Randall (foot/questionable) to injury report. Groin/core muscle, knee, shoulder, ankle, foot injuries this year.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    When I read "drunk on homer juice", I knew somebody was talking about me.

The Packers should win this game. I say that having seen every game played by my second favorite team, the Cowboys. As the regular season ended, the Cowboys were sliding. The team we just beat - that had recently beaten the Cowboys - SEEMED to be a worse match up - outstanding receivers against our hobbled DBs, outstanding D against the best part of our team, etc. The Cowboys, on the other hand, don't have nearly the D that the Giants have. We should be able to score half a hundred on them the way our offense is playing now. They do, of course, have a very much better QB and RB than the Giants and almost as good receivers. It isn't gonna be easy. We're gonna need to outscore them and get just enough stops and turnovers. Prescott hates throwing interceptions just like Aaron Rodgers, but he did throw a couple in Green Bay. As I said before, Dom Capers is really good at taking away the best thing an opponent does - Ezekial Elliot running. There will be slip-ups, but overall, it will be a good day.

Packers 45 Cowboys 27
    Believe it or not I was not referring to you; you've come more the side of the optimistic realist Tex....which is where I often sit. We used to get in so many sports tassles many years ago and I often got a laugh out of you calling me a dumb ass..........hmmm.......I miss those days a bit......lol

Cheers
    B
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?