Thread: Packers 2016 Offseason

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Just curious, Wist, you watch a metric shit ton of college football? You've got educated enough opinions that indicate you do.

Or do you just make shit up like the rest of us?
    There are enough guys out there that post player highlight/evaluation videos that it doesn't take long to grease thru them.

Voch Lombardi posts a lot of tape that is already broken down... our own Quality Control if you will.

As for looking at specific players - I count on guys in here and other sources to get me to look at someone who might be buried in the prospect rankings. Other things I look at, are the measurables - if an OT has 31 inch arms, what's the point of looking at his film?? If a CB can only run 4.7, again, no point in looking at his film.
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    There are enough guys out there that post player highlight/evaluation videos that it doesn't take long to grease thru them.

Voch Lombardi posts a lot of tape that is already broken down... our own Quality Control if you will.

As for looking at specific players - I count on guys in here and other sources to get me to look at someone who might be buried in the prospect rankings. Other things I look at, are the measurables - if an OT has 31 inch arms, what's the point of looking at his film?? If a CB can only run 4.7, again, no point in looking at his film.
    Copy that.

My issue with highlight reels is they are highlight reels. I like the vids that show an entire game so I can see their play in a broader context.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Copy that.

My issue with highlight reels is they are highlight reels. I like the vids that show an entire game so I can see their play in a broader context.
    When I'm looking at a prospect, I'll look at his 40 time and ht/wt just to give some context to what I'm seeing on film. I'll usually watch the "highlights" first, just to see what the hype is about - then I'll look at individual games that isolate the player - that is really the only way to get a good read on the guy.

There's one guy posts highlights on youtube all the time - Harris Highlights. I only watch his highlights if his are the only ones I can find. For the most part what he posts is useless, i.e. up close, fast action shots - can't see anything about what led to the sack, or TD, or INT, or whatever.

In order to look at a guy you need to have a wide angle shot so you can see most of the field, and you can see everything the guy does on a given play.
    wist