Quote Originally Posted by yetisnowman View Post
Of course Cam was suspended and forced to leave UF, transfer to juco Brinn college. And has had to combat the "thug" stigma his entire career. Peyton got off scott free and is the white bread class act of the NFL.
Actually, all of the felony charges against Newton were dropped after he completed a diversion program. He later chose to transfer rather than face possible suspension for academic violations. Don't forget that the NCAA bent over backward to maintain Newton's eligibility at Auburn for the National Championship game, when it seemed he should have been suspended over recruiting violations. Then, later, (surprise, surprise) they found violations to have occurred only by a school he didn't go to, not by Auburn (wink, wink).

But don't get distracted by the facts, just go on pretending that Newton hasn't also benefited from the exulted status we give those who entertain us.

I have no idea what all went on with Manning, but I would point out that the document attached to the article linked above appears to be a brief filed by the plaintiff, therefore the statements in it are the interpretations of the plaintiff, not fact findings by the court. I wouldn't guess what all went on without at least seeing the arguments from both sides. However, it seems unlikely that it is good for Manning, regardless.