Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Finley getting 57th opinion on his neck today

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Read it....THANKS.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Yes, Finley was around for the 15-1 season, and the Packers offense was much better.

2009 - Offense = 28.8 points/game; Defense = 18.6 points/game (gave up 51 points in playoff loss)
    2010 - Offense = 24.3 points/game; Defense = 15.0 points/game (gave up 19 points/game in playoffs; never more than 25 points)
    2011 - Offense = 35.0 points/game; Defense = 22.4 points/game (gave up 37 points in playoff loss)
    2012 - Offense = 27.1 points/game; Defense = 21.0 points/game (gave up 45 points in playoff loss)

Seems to me like the Packers offense was much better off when Finley was healthy.
    Key words from above post:

" when Finley was healthy "
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 06-05-2014 at 08:02 AM.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

He's not a great player. He's a player who makes some great plays, drops a lot of balls, struggles to stay healthy, struggles to be on the same page with our QB and is involved in a lot of drama. I think if a person takes and objective look, he's not a very good piece for this team. A super reliable, trust worthy TE who can block is a better fit for this offense than Finley. His downs outnumber his ups IMO.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    He's not a great player. He's a player who makes some great plays, drops a lot of balls, struggles to stay healthy, struggles to be on the same page with our QB and is involved in a lot of drama. I think if a person takes and objective look, he's not a very good piece for this team. A super reliable, trust worthy TE who can block is a better fit for this offense than Finley. His downs outnumber his ups IMO.
    i think that just about sums it up perfect as far as i'm concerned

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ision-to-make/

And that’s the point at which Finley will have a tough decision to make. With a $10 million disability policy available to Finley if he’s never able to play again, Finley will have to decide whether to call it quits for $10 million tax free, or whether to return to the NFL for far less than what it would take to earn $10 million after taxes.
    interesting question. if fins dr. clears him to play, but no team dr's clear him to play. can he still get the injury money? or does the one dr. clearing him to play wipe out the insurance money?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post

interesting question. if fins dr. clears him to play, but no team dr's clear him to play. can he still get the injury money? or does the one dr. clearing him to play wipe out the insurance money?
    He'd probably have to play in the Mexican league then
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar

I think he has to get a contract offer. If he cannot get cleared by any team's doctors then he can retire and take the $. It's a really grey area but that was my understanding.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

i think that just about sums it up perfect as far as i'm concerned
    ditto.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    I think he has to get a contract offer. If he cannot get cleared by any team's doctors then he can retire and take the $. It's a really grey area but that was my understanding.
    Maybe this odd farewell, team doctor tour is satisfying some sort of insurance requirement?

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Maybe this odd farewell, team doctor tour is satisfying some sort of insurance requirement?
    I was starting to wonder that as well - maybe he has to do due diligence that he tried to find work. I'm sure the insurance company is not at all amused that they might have to pay this out.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...rance/5708211/

The $10 million insurance policy Finley took out on his health before that injury wouldn't immediately void if he signs another contract, Baratz said. He'd have to play in four games first.

Finley can entertain as many offers as he likes and can even sign a contract without voiding his $10M payout.

Baratz has a vested interest in claiming he can just take it. It is very likely more complicated than that:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...finleys-choice

From a poster on another board that I am prominent on.

its gonna be very interesting just how that policy is worded

the way i understand it, its basically a disability policy. if he gets injured and can't play again he gets the money. its not insurance against not making enough money.

so his doc saying he's fully healthy and cleared to play, does that void the policy? the teams don't want to take the risk, that doesn't mean he's disabled.

also, what happens if a team from the cfl offers him some peanuts for a year to play? does he have to take it? its work. he would still be able to make a living playing football, he just wouldn't be making as much. and again, its not insurance covering not making enough. if he turns down the cfl teams offer does it void the deal.

if an NFL team offers him a 1 year deal for the vet minimum, can he turn it down and still claim the 10 million? i'd say no, because a team somewhere was willing to pay him to play

i see a court fight coming, and a settlement for less then 10 million

The Pittsburgh team doc who did the surgery has cleared him and he has said the Steelers have offered him a deal.

“Pittsburgh have showed me a couple deals, but we all know the money ain’t what it’s supposed to be,” Finley recently told USA Today.
    So he might have a tough time cashing in that insurance ticket this year.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...gery/12657737/

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...or-him-to-get/
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

That Pittsburgh doc's name is Joseph Maroon. I wonder if he considered a name change when he entered the profession.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    That Pittsburgh doc's name is Joseph Maroon. I wonder if he considered a name change when he entered the profession.
    I once lived in a city that had a dentist, Dr. "Toothacher", which I think was spelled: Tuthaker, or something like that, but pronounced "toothacher".

guess he said this on twitter: "let's try this again. #greenbay"

http://www.espnwisconsin.com/common/...medium=twitter

According to the source, Finley’s meeting with McKenzie was to go over the results of his most recent MRI scans and to talk about where he stands medically as he continues his effort to resume his NFL career. Finley was not scheduled to meet with any of the Packers' football people at Lambeau Field Thursday, instead meeting with McKenzie at a local hospital.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    I once lived in a city that had a dentist, Dr. "Toothacher", which I think was spelled: Tuthaker, or something like that, but pronounced "toothacher".
    My uncle had a proctologist named Dr. Butz.

I just don't see the point of spending money on this guy.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    My uncle had a proctologist named Dr. Butz.
    My wife had a urologist named Dr. Rivers.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!