Thread: Bears QBs, Cutler's future, the Bears generally

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    min has dal, ind, and us, to play. that's 3 loses hopefully for them.
    Detriot has:

@ Saints
    Bears
    @Giants
    @Cowboys
    Packers

No cupcakes.

Anyone thinks the Packers can beat the Seafags?
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Detriot has:

@ Saints
    Bears
    @Giants
    @Cowboys
    Packers

No cupcakes.

it stacks up well for the Packers really...if they continue to trend up.

the ospreys game is our toughest.

Their D is still tough but if we keep Wilson from running wild we have a chance...

Seems to me that is a mighty big IF. They've played exactly one good game since their month-long impersonation of the Browns. I would like to see them string together a few solid showings before I start thinking about them running the table.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Seems to me that is a mighty big IF. They've played exactly one good game since their month-long impersonation of the Browns. I would like to see them string together a few solid showings before I start thinking about them running the table.
    true but you have to admit the o has looked much better the last few weeks. the osprey game will tell us a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    I hope you didn't take my post as suggesting that I think they will run the table, my intent was just to show that if they did they actually are in good shape to win the division, all things considered. If they do, MN is out of the picture. If they do, Detroit only has to lose one other game for GB to win the division. They don't need a lot of help, they control their own destiny, needing only one other team to beat Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    I hope you didn't take my post as suggesting that I think they will run the table, my intent was just to show that if they did they actually are in good shape to win the division, all things considered. If they do, MN is out of the picture. If they do, Detroit only has to lose one other game for GB to win the division. They don't need a lot of help, they control their own destiny, needing only one other team to beat Detroit.
    I didn't think you were suggesting they would run the table, and I wasn't reacting only to your post. What I was hearing from several posters in this thread was some renewed optimism following the Eagles game. Nobody, except maybe for the quarterback, was talking about running the table after the Redskins gaem. Fine, I get that and I share the optimism to an extent--it's much easier to see the bright side of a team when they play a relatively complete game. But I also have a hard time believing that the problems that became apparent in November are now in the past. I hope they run the table but I think it is highly unlikely.

** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

They don't need a lot of help, they control their own destiny, needing only one other team to beat Detroit.
    I don't think that's controlling one's own destiny b/c when you need another team's help, fate's out of your hand regardless of what you do.

2010, the Packers didn't control their destiny til D-Jax took that improbable punt to the house to beat the Giants. Thompson REALLY do need to FedEx D-Jax a Super Bowl 45 ring.

I don't think that's controlling one's own destiny b/c when you need another team's help, fate's out of your hand regardless of what you do.
    I wrote they don't need a lot of help, I didn't say they don't need any help. I stated in several posts that they need the lions to lose one other game. Obviously, GB does not control that game result. However, I fully expect the lions to lose one other game, so that caused to to omit "mostly" in stating they control their own fate. I think my intent was clear to everyone, except perhaps you.

I wrote they don't need a lot of help, I didn't say they don't need any help. I stated in several posts that they need the lions to lose one other game. Obviously, GB does not control that game result. However, I fully expect the lions to lose one other game, so that caused to to omit "mostly" in stating they control their own fate. I think my intent was clear to everyone, except perhaps you.

Expecting
    the Lions to lose a game, no matter how likely, doesn't change damn thing at this point in space-time: the Packers currently DO NOT control their destiny - thanks in large part to the 4 game losing streak (something Sherman's teams never experienced).

2010, the Packers didn't control their destiny til D-Jax took that improbable punt to the house to beat the Giants. Thompson REALLY do need to FedEx D-Jax a Super Bowl 45 ring.
    What does 2010 have to do with this year, or to this discussion?

Detriot has:

@ Saints
    Bears
    @Giants
    @Cowboys
    Packers

No cupcakes.

The Seahawks can be had on any given Sunday even at home.

Russell Wilson (has lost his legs) just isn't the same this season and they miss their crunching RB.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Detriot has:

@ Saints
    Bears
    @Giants
    @Cowboys
    Packers

No cupcakes.

This week is huge for the Pack.

We need a Dallas win tonight....that will happen.

Drew Brees has to be at his best at home Vs the Lions this Sunday.

It all really begins right there.