Thread: Seahawk's punt returner? - Earl Thomas

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    First and foremost, you need somebody who is a dead sure thing to catch it and not fumble it. I don't know who is and who isn't that on Seattle, but I suspect that's why Seattle has him back there. When you got a defense like theirs or an offense like ours, you mainly just don't want Special Teams messing things up.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    First and foremost, you need somebody who is a dead sure thing to catch it and not fumble it.
    Exactly - That's the very reason I liked Hyde back there. Cobb is good too, but Hyde just looked so natural catching a punt. He's not the fastest guy, but I didn't worry about him missing or muffing a punt.

Even with that said, didn't he (Hyde) drop one in preseason?

Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    Exactly - That's the very reason I liked Hyde back there. Cobb is good too, but Hyde just looked so natural catching a punt. He's not the fastest guy, but I didn't worry about him missing or muffing a punt.

Even with that said, didn't he (Hyde) drop one in preseason?
    Another guy that looks very natural catching a punt, even on the move, is Janis. He won't be back there Thursday, and maybe not for several weeks, but I think he will be before too long.