Thread: CM3 and peppers to be suspended indefinitely if they don't talk

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    bs considering the guy recanted. so there's no story.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    How do you know he was truthful when recanting and not when he told the original stories?

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    How do you know he was truthful when recanting and not when he told the original stories?
    Well, we can't know for sure, but the NFL has talked to Manning and found no credible evidence that the original story was true. My guess is the guy recanted to avoid a lawsuit, either by one of the players, or by the company.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    My guess is the guy recanted to avoid a lawsuit, either by one of the players, or by the company.
    I suspect you are correct about his reason for recanting, but that still doesn't mean the original story wasn't true and the recant a lie. He may have recanted to avoid a suit even though the story was true.

Regardless of agreements or commissioners, is not this still America . Nobody has to volunteer information that puts them in jeopardy. Appeal this point in a court and there will be changes. IMO , if the NFL can't prove their own case without bullying people then they deserve to loose. If medical testing and Private Investigator surveillance is not invasive enough, then the confessions will not be forthcoming . Can anyone say "The Imposition" or "The McCarthy Hearings ", the powerful never do stop reaching for even more power .

If your not the lead dog , then the view never changes !

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Radagast View Post
    Regardless of agreements or commissioners, is not this still America . Nobody has to volunteer information that puts them in jeopardy. Appeal this point in a court and there will be changes. IMO , if the NFL can't prove their own case without bullying people then they deserve to loose. If medical testing and Private Investigator surveillance is not invasive enough, then the confessions will not be forthcoming . Can anyone say "The Imposition" or "The McCarthy Hearings ", the powerful never do stop reaching for even more power .
    You are being ridiculous.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    You are being ridiculous.
    I don't know, the original statement from Al Jazeera is looking an awful lot like a McCarthyism, and the NFL is acting on it.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

If my employer said they wanted to talk about some accusations, founded or unfounded and I told them to "forget it, I'm not talking". I would likely also be on an unpaid leave very quickly.

"This is Amercia" doesn't work so well with a private employer.

That said, Goodell makes this stuff up as he goes and people don't care until it's "their" team about to get rammed up the keister, then suddenly it's not fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    If my employer said they wanted to talk about some accusations, founded or unfounded and I told them to "forget it, I'm not talking". I would likely also be on an unpaid leave very quickly.

"This is Amercia" doesn't work so well with a private employer.

That said, Goodell makes this stuff up as he goes and people don't care until it's "their" team about to get rammed up the keister, then suddenly it's not fair.
    That's the way I feel about it. I get the feeling this would have gone away quickly and quietly if the players had met with the league when first asked (sometime last spring?). The union decided to take a stance. That immediately set up a battle, because the league could not simply say, "Oh, OK. Never mind." and then just ignore it. The union knew it to. Basically, the initial refusal pretty much indicated that this was going to court, because I didn't expect either side to back down until forced.

Manning's part with the league went mostly unnoticed until it was done, and the announcement made. It could have been the same with the other players.

[SIZE=3]Regardless of agreements or commissioners, is not this still America . Nobody has to volunteer information that puts them in jeopardy.
    You ever said that to YOUR boss when he/she asked you questions directly related to your workplace?

I want Salt n Pepper to spill every last bean.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    You ever said that to YOUR boss when he/she asked you questions directly related to your workplace?

I never allowed any employer to BOSS me in any manor. Furthermore on the one occasion that I was called upon to testify truthfully about an incident, rather than lie and see a fine technician blamed, I told the truth and saw a nuclear engineer assume the responsibility for his actions . It was not what those in power wanted to see happen as they were trying to protect their engineer, but burning the innocent man would have been even worse .

If you live in fear of an employer, or those in power, they will feed on that fear and grow more arrogant . I pity anyone that can be held hostage to a job, no matter how good the job.

If your not the lead dog , then the view never changes !

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post

That might not be good enough if the league doesn't like what they hear.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    This is the important part. The rest of this is just checking boxes. I thought there might be something to this when they reported Mike Neal made a demonstrably false statement in his affidavit to the League. But the false statement wasn't about this incident, his affidavit said he failed to mention his previous suspension for a positive PED test.

On the other hand, Goodell is doing a good job of assuring a job action in 2018/19.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.