I expect us to win most games... we have the QB, a very good receiving corp, a decent RB, a good (for the most part) offensive play caller in MM; add to that, we have decent talent on the defensive side of the ball.

For us, it always comes down to 2 factors, 1) dunderdummy, and 2) the OL and whether they can hold up.

Against good QB's, dunderdummy has admitted that he is afraid of them and he coaches that way, i.e. he plays soft and tries to limit them to 15 yd gains, as opposed to giving up 80 yd TD's. Accompanying that flawed approach, or rather to accomodate that flawed approach, he abandons any notion of playing the run - so we get gashed in the running game too.

I expect this game will look very much like the New Orleans game. Brees threw for 311 yds and 3 TDs, and they ran for 194 yds.

No sacks, no INTs.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That's how Dom Capers approaches dealing with elite QB's.

Is this news to you guys?? Haven't you seen enough embarrassing performances by this idiot to expect that he's likely to do the exact same thing again, and again, and again??

As for the OL - we were able to run for a couple of first downs at the end of the Viking game, but make no mistake, the Vikings whipped our OL thoroughly yesterday. We have only 3 running plays, and the overall philosophy is very, very passive. Bacteria is a liability, and other than Linsley, who is proving to be a pretty good player, none of them can run block to save their lives.

It's the nature of our team - and has been for years.