Thread: Analysis: The Fangio Defense

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fangio had Urlacher and Briggs playing for the Bears, those guys could and did cover. They also made a lot of tackles. Can you name the DL from those teams without Googling?

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Fangio had Urlacher and Briggs playing for the Bears, those guys could and did cover. They also made a lot of tackles. Can you name the DL from those teams without Googling?
    Wasn’t Peppers on some of those teams? And a Tommy Harris I believe, and I thought they had a fat guy named pat or something
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

I thought so too until I looked it up. Urlacher and Briggs were during the years Lovie Smith was the HC with the Bears. Fangio came a few years later.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Urlacher left 3 years before Fangio got to the Bears and Briggs left 1 year before. I'm pretty sure Akeem Hicks was one of those DL.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?