Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2015-16 'OFF SEASON' NFL Happenings Thread

Chargers will play in San Diego in 2016. They retain option to move to L.A. in 2017. Spanos buying time to work out a stadium deal in San Diego.

I hope that happens, though it probably more leverage to squeeze more money out of San Diego.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I hope that happens, though it probably more leverage to squeeze more money out of San Diego.
    There has been talk of a ballot initiative either in the June primary or November general election.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Chargers will play in San Diego in 2016. They retain option to move to L.A. in 2017. Spanos buying time to work out a stadium deal in San Diego.
    Don't know what to make of that. What are the chances the fans see it as a lame duck season and don't show up? I thought their move to LA was a done deal, is this just prolonging the inevitable?
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

The train wreck that is Manziel continues.

Another incident with a girlfriend
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...el-girlfriend/

During which the police decided they needed to scramble a helicopter to find him
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...th-helicopter/
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Good grief. That might be the end if there is anything to it.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

When will it occur to the Browns that you don't want your starting QB to be a guy who constantly makes bad decisions? I think Hue Jackson gets it, but not the Browns front office yet.

Blog Entries
    This kid might just be totally insane.

He should have destroyed his cell phone when shit like this happens.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    When will it occur to the Browns that you don't want your starting QB to be a guy who constantly makes bad decisions? I think Hue Jackson gets it, but not the Browns front office yet.
    That wasn't a 'front office' pick - it was an owner pick (so I've heard). And the same source(s) say the owner was relaying 'play Johnny' instructions via the now fired 'GM.'

Cleveland is a tire fire because of the owner. If he stops meddling, they might improve.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    That wasn't a 'front office' pick - it was an owner pick (so I've heard). And the same source(s) say the owner was relaying 'play Johnny' instructions via the now fired 'GM.'

Cleveland is a tire fire because of the owner. If he stops meddling, they might improve.
    When I said front office I was including the owner. Because he does meddle.

Report Calvin Johnson is retiring at age 30. Playing for the Lions will do that to you. http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/01/31/cal...ons-retirement

Lions will suddenly have a lot of cap room.

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Don't know what to make of that. What are the chances the fans see it as a lame duck season and don't show up? I thought their move to LA was a done deal, is this just prolonging the inevitable?
    woodbuck27: I'm not finding much on this in terms of the Chargers decision to play flip - flop and potentially flip again. I would think that many loyal San Diego Charger fans will be pissed and let go of their support for their team but what proportion will that be and will ticket buyers replace them?

I expect so. The NFL is a 'hot ticket'.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...o-los-angeles/

Chargers stadium

After all that, Chargers to stay – for now

Rams to LA; Chargers get one year to negotiate in San Diego

By Kevin Acee and David Garrick | 5:40 p.m. Jan. 12, 2016 | Updated, 9:47 p.m.

" While experts say the economic damage of the Chargers leaving would probably be minor at the most, San Diego’s image could have suffered outside the city and local community pride could have taken a hit, especially among the team’s more enthusiastic fans.

The Chargers’ departure would leave San Diego with only one franchise among the nation’s four major sports leagues: the Padres. The Clippers’ departure in 1984 cost the city its NBA franchise, and San Diego has never had an NHL team. "
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Report Calvin Johnson is retiring at age 30. Playing for the Lions will do that to you. http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/01/31/cal...ons-retirement

Lions will suddenly have a lot of cap room.
    WOW ! Injuries caught up to Calvin Johnson. He was fun and sometimes scary to watch.

**I wasn't so long ago that he had a monster season ( 2012 Season - 122 Receptions for 1984 Yards ( 16.1 YPC and 122 T/G and yet 'only 5 TD's'.

** The following Season or 2013 Megatron had 12 TD's in 14 games on 84 Receptions for 1,492 Yards (17.8 Y/R and 106.6

** He had a whomping 16 TD's in the 2011 Season. He score 12 TD's in each of the 2008 and 2010 Seasons.

If he does retire (and stay retired) he'll have a grand total Of 83 TD's in a 9 year career spanning the 2007-2015 Seasons.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Justin Tuck announces retirement. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ter-11-seasons

Browns will release Johnny Manziel in March.

Browns director of football operations Sashi Brown released a statement on Manziel’s latest incident Tuesday.

“We've been clear about expectations for our players on and off the field,” Brown said. “Johnny's continual involvement in incidents that run counter to those expectations undermines the hard work of his teammates and the reputation of our organization. His status with our team will be addressed when permitted by league rules.”

Browns will release Johnny Manziel in March.
    Hello then for St. Patrick's Day.

Maybe the Leos can cut him and we can play him to play TE

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Megatron will be a Packer.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    Megatron will be a Packer.

The Lions would have to terminate their rights to Johnson. That's probably not going to happen.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    The Lions would have to terminate their rights to Johnson. That's probably not going to happen.
    Even if they did, who believes we would pay what he could get on the open market???