Thread: Official Minnesota Vikings Game Day Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    If he was trying to drive him into the ground, it would have been a lot more violent than it was. Of course he was attempting to follow through on the tackle, that's what defenders do, given the opportunity. As I wrote before, I was surprised there was no flag, but I'm not offended that there wasn't.

A few years ago the consideration used to be that after the QB threw if a defender could hold up or lessen the blow, he had to. That became difficult to determine when QBs were on the run and a defender was running at full speed to get there. In response the league limited the protections after a QB leaves the pocket. I think that is where this play ended up. In the pocket, it would have been a penalty. With Rodgers on the run, not so clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    If he was trying to drive him into the ground, it would have been a lot more violent than it was. Of course he was attempting to follow through on the tackle, that's what defenders do, given the opportunity. As I wrote before, I was surprised there was no flag, but I'm not offended that there wasn't.

A few years ago the consideration used to be that after the QB threw if a defender could hold up or lessen the blow, he had to. That became difficult to determine when QBs were on the run and a defender was running at full speed to get there. In response the league limited the protections after a QB leaves the pocket. I think that is where this play ended up. In the pocket, it would have been a penalty. With Rodgers on the run, not so clear.
    If that tackle was even 1-2 seconds later maybe Packer fans have a complaint.

As it went down...NO and having any positive impact as the NFL does see it now and 'out of the pocket 'contact with the QB after a pass.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau