Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Official 2023 Bury Joe Barry Thread

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Crazy idea - I wonder if Pete Carroll would be willing to coach D for a couple years.
    Nah, let's get belichek.

And a pony
    All tyrannies rule through fraud and force, but once the fraud is exposed they must rely exclusively on force.

George Orwell

Bottom line is, we can win with Barry - maybe a little more stressfully, but we can still win with him.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

I sincerely doubt at 72 Pete is gonna get another chance to HC, and he still wants to coach. I think he is a terrific defensive mind.

Kinda wonder if Harbaugh moves on we could snag his DC. Although he may want to take him with him.

Who are the up-and-comers. I want somebody that's gonna play Ravens style aggressive-as-hell.

I sincerely doubt at 72 Pete is gonna get another chance to HC, and he still wants to coach. I think he is a terrific defensive mind.

Kinda wonder if Harbaugh moves on we could snag his DC. Although he may want to take him with him.

Who are the up-and-comers. I want somebody that's gonna play Ravens style aggressive-as-hell.
    Pete is under contract and working in the offices at Seattle. Probably emptying waste baskets and such.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Matt Schneidman
    @mattschneidman

Quick housekeeping note: Joe Barry’s contract is NOT expiring, according to a source. Matt LaFleur has yet to make a decision on the future of his defensive coordinator, but it would be a firing and not a decline to renew if he moves on from Barry.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Matt Schneidman
    @mattschneidman

Quick housekeeping note: Joe Barry’s contract is NOT expiring, according to a source. Matt LaFleur has yet to make a decision on the future of his defensive coordinator, but it would be a firing and not a decline to renew if he moves on from Barry.
    Yeah I just saw this and thought ah shit, they misled us all along.
    https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2...barry-contract

He's probably coming back. Crap.

With Barry’s contract, it has been stated that a 4 year contract is very unusual for a coordinator.

Some people are implying that MLF might have extended his contract for the additional year. Not a good look in my opinion for either scenario.

Blog Entries
    Time to put off being a legit contender for a couple more years if BarryBall comes back.

Maybe our Kicker will be able to make extra points and chip shots when they send Barry out the door
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    With Barry’s contract, it has been stated that a 4 year contract is very unusual for a coordinator.

Some people are implying that MLF might have extended his contract for the additional year. Not a good look in my opinion for either scenario.

Are they implying the extension occured this year ?
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

From MLF's 2023 season ending PC:

At last year’s season-ending news conference, held the day after the Week 18 loss to the Detroit Lions, LaFleur was asked if Barry would return for 2023.

“That’s what I anticipate, yes,” LaFleur responded.
    From MLF's 2024 season ending PC:

“I know there’s going to be a lot of long-term, big-picture questions. I’m not there yet, fellas,” LaFleur said. “We’re just starting the process.”
    If you want to read between the lines, it sounds like he is at least not ruling out some changes. Stay tuned.

Blog Entries
    From MLF's 2023 season ending PC:

From MLF's 2024 season ending PC:

If you want to read between the lines, it sounds like he is at least not ruling out some changes. Stay tuned.

Doesn't he have a hisotry of taking his sweet time even when changes do occur....as candidates get plucked with new coach hires ?

Blog Entries
    Matt Schneidman A housekeeping note? Barry really is under contract?

Shit that outta be put in twenty foot letters in a marquee across 41!!!!

That's a big thing, but izzit true?

Starting to get a feel for LaFleur.

Brilliant offensive mind, with limitations in some parts of the job.

Like staff building.. Took him years to get a Teams coach. Still doesn't have a D coordinator.

Seeing as that's the one big fan issue, they got Matt Schneidman to float a blurb that JB is signed?

Dunno if I believe that shit.

I suspect they will fire Barry by Thursday. When does Gooter speak?

I suspect they will fire Barry by Thursday. When does Gooter speak?
    Last year it was January 13, 5 days after their last game.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    Matt Schneidman A housekeeping note? Barry really is under contract?

Shit that outta be put in twenty foot letters in a marquee across 41!!!!

That's a big thing, but izzit true?

Starting to get a feel for LaFleur.

Brilliant offensive mind, with limitations in some parts of the job.

Like staff building.. Took him years to get a Teams coach. Still doesn't have a D coordinator.

Seeing as that's the one big fan issue, they got Matt Schneidman to float a blurb that JB is signed?

Dunno if I believe that shit.
    Agreed. On the one hand, he hired Stenavich as an O-line coach, and many of us here were skeptical, but he worked out as an O-line coach. On the other hand, he took his sweet time getting serious about ST, and he's really dragged out the defensive coordinator issues. I know he inherited Pettine, but his hiring of Joe Barely seemed more a result of just having experience with him rather than him being the best available defensive coordinator prospect.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

I have a sinking feeling that he's back.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    I have a sinking feeling that he's back.
    I'm not so sure. If MLF has made the decision to bring him back, he could have just said so right away like he did last year. My hope is that MLF will sit down with Gute, and Gute will convince MLF he can do better than Barry. The team that made the decision to move on from Aaron Rodgers should be able to move on from Joe Barry.

Please rebuild the defense starting with a new DC!
    C.H.U.D.

I'm not so sure. If MLF has made the decision to bring him back, he could have just said so right away like he did last year. My hope is that MLF will sit down with Gute, and Gute will convince MLF he can do better than Barry. The team that made the decision to move on from Aaron Rodgers should be able to move on from Joe Barry.
    It's like when you were in high school and your best friend tried to talk you into breaking up with your girlfriend/boyfriend. "You can do so much better! They're holding you back, man!"

Guter should bring in some high school kids to talk to MLF about this. They'll set him straight.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

And thus concludes this venerable thread.