Page 385 of 563 FirstFirst ... 285 335 375 383 384 385 386 387 395 435 485 ... LastLast
Results 7,681 to 7,700 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell View Post
    Sorry, but Bert can't hold Bart's jock - as a person or a player.
    How do you know some little 70 year old floozy doesn't have a daguerreotype of Bart in his Union Suit?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Interesting timing of this lawsuit. It looks like Bert the creepy pervert will continue to be a story for at least a while.

So how much do Farve and the Jets have to pay to make this lawsuit go away?

Remember, the worker for the Knicks got a $11.6 million judgement from Isiah Thomas and the Knicks during her sexual harassment trial.

I would not be surprised if they are other women coming forward in the next few days. Apparently #4 was a gunslinger off the field as well.

Elegantly Wasted Rat All-Pro Noodle's Avatar
    For all the crap I've given Favre, I'll say this: He was pretty gracious in his post-game presser (a.k.a. monologue) in his appreciation of Green Bay fans and what they meant to him. Seriously. I thought that was well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    For all the crap I've given Favre, I'll say this: He was pretty gracious in his post-game presser (a.k.a. monologue) in his appreciation of Green Bay fans and what they meant to him. Seriously. I thought that was well done.

Well done, if we are to assume that it was sincere.

I thought it was classic Brent.

And no, Bart Starr was a better QB than Brent.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Well done, if we are to assume that it was sincere.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers4Glory View Post
    I'm pretty sure that if Sterger had a leg to stand on there would have been a law suit long ago. I'm still confident in believing there was a 2 way street of communication. All of which led to certain photos being in her possession. I also believe Favre prob received some "photos".

In the end. I have a hard time figuring out how I feel about everything.

I understand why a player would struggle w/ retiring and the desire and ability to still play. I just think he put the Packers in a bad spot and eventually they had to something. I don't begrudge him for wanting to come back or even moving on. However I do not agree w/ him having this vendetta against the Packers because he was just as equally to blame in my eyes for him no longer being the QB here. All he had to do was make a more timely decision. The whole divorce was a mess w/ both parties at fault.

I just can't bring myself to hate the guy. I still love him because he "laid" it all out there for this team and gave me some incredible memories. Many of which w/ my Dad that I'll cherish forever.

He the best Packer ever. end of story. I really hope he can retire a Packer and both sides can put this behind them. Brett needs to come home to GB.

His personal life has always been on display and he has flaws. As a fan I do not at all like the cheating on his wife or any of that conduct. Yeah he loves the spotlight and attention but almost every star in any sport does to some degree. He is not worse than Brady or Manning or Woods or any body. The media chooses to make a huge deal out of his "decision".

I think he is generally a very good guy, prob very down to earth kind of guy if you hung out w/ him for any length in MS, cares for kids, and is prob more charitable than we will ever know.

Sure there is a lot of things that left a bad taste in my mouth but I hope the guy returns and becomes part of this organization again.
    I'll 2nd that notion.
    And Brett Favre had more pure talent in his pinky(not the one in his pants lol) than Bart Starr could ever wish to have...and if you asked Starr he would agree.
    Baah

Guess which one of them was the underachiever? (hint: It's not the guy with 5 World Championships)

Quote Originally Posted by gex View Post
    And Brett Favre had more pure talent in his pinky(not the one in his pants lol) than Bart Starr could ever wish to have...and if you asked Starr he would agree.
    What do you mean by "pure talent"? Yes, Favre could throw harder than Starr, but I'd call them about even on accuracy, and you have to agree that Starr had far more talent running an offense and making decisions than Favre. Starr's passer rating index is actually a little higher than Favre's, according to pro-football-reference.com.

Of course Starr would say that Favre is better. What do you expect from an old Southern gent. I suspect Favre would reciprocate (but wouldn't really mean it).

I do believe he was sincere. As always he handles these press releases with composure but Favre has himself in such an ugly mess. This really bugs me being a long time supporter of his:

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/b7R1G

Damn what the 'H' was he thinking, the way privacy issues are so easily exposed today. This whole Favre 'scandal stuff', has me very disappointed in his compulsions. He's not been smart. He's let down too many of his dedicated fans. The result will be, IMO, a no go to a first ballot HOF acceptance.

I never thought I could be so disappointed in a man I fully admired.

He's not any Henry 'Hank' Aaron, or 'The Big M' Frank Mahovlich, or a Guy Lafleur. He's gone fr. the top of my list of Hero's to the bottom, and it sucks to me me. That 'in terms related to his off the field conduct', and my difficulty coming to terms with that destructive and embarassing behaviour.

Maybe, this statement will surprize some here on PackerRats, but 'it is what it is'. A rotten situation for his wife and family, close family members, and friends to have to suck up... deal with. For his fans to come to terms with. Especially those as open minded and fair as I am.

He screwed up. Big time ... as it all seems to me now. My final verdict on this side of Favre is in. On 'the record.

woodbuck27
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post

Add money, money, money, money, money, and grown men everywhere schlurping at his feet to door #2. Brett Favre sure is going to miss the good ol' days.
    ZAP !
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Interesting timing of this lawsuit. It looks like Bert the creepy pervert will continue to be a story for at least a while.
    What really bugs me is that Favre's behaviour has fallen dramatically into the judgement of men that should know better than to 'judge' others. If there is a man living that can feel in his heart the need to judge another and ignore his own mistakes in life and do so with moral conviction.

I believe that man will be 'judged'.

Life is filled with pitfalls that we all face and pass by easily or fall into; without due course and necessary contemplation of long term results. To be human and fair means to me that it's necessary to look at ourselves...our life, as a prerequisite to judging others.

If we go there we can act more fairly and better serve ourselves. Gain respect.

Favre has acted unscroupulously. That seems clear. He has to live with that failure daily. That's all his. Not ours to condemn in our humble humanness.

Quote Originally Posted by gex View Post
    I'll 2nd that notion.
    He may have had a better throwing arm, and maybe in his earlier days he was more nimble than Starr in the pocket. So sure, he might have had more physical talent. I had hopes, early in Favre's career, that he'd become smarter and cut down on the stoopid interceptions...but he never did. So yeah, he had more talent, but Starr was a better quarterback. Period.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    He may have had a better throwing arm, and maybe in his earlier days he was more nimble than Starr in the pocket. So sure, he might have had more physical talent. I had hopes, early in Favre's career, that he'd become smarter and cut down on the stoopid interceptions...but he never did. So yeah, he had more talent, but Starr was a better quarterback. Period.
    That has been my position for years. There are many, many supremely gifted athletes in every sport who do not get the most out of their talents, for whatever reasons. I, too, waited and waited for Favre to develop the "QB wisdom" that Starr had. He never did. For most of 2009 it looked like he finally "got it", only to relapse at the worst possible moment. I never had the confidence in Favre that I had when watching Starr in critical games.

The more physically talented player is not always the better player.

Kurt Warner's take on the Favre saga of the past few years.......

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl-303400

Andrew Brandt had interesting comments on Favre:

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...lbag-4436.html

He mentions Favres "disdain" for Packer management, but suspects he misses the "cocoon of support and kid-glove treatment" he got from the WI media. He then states:

As I have said before, Brett was not as great a person as he was made out to be in his prime with the Packers; and he is not as bad a person as he has been made out to be recently.
    He opines that Favre may like a Roger Clemens type role, signing in mid-season to rescue a team.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Chase
    Nobody looks back on Willie Mays' career and remembers him falling around the outfield with the Mets, and Michael Jordan's final years on the Washington Wizards and his messy divorce from his wife were forgotten almost the instant after they happened. It's rare that an athlete's post-career antics change his legacy.
    Mraynrand: Jordan got divorced?

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    What really bugs me is that Favre's behaviour has fallen dramatically into the judgement of men that should know better than to 'judge' others. If there is a man living that can feel in his heart the need to judge another and ignore his own mistakes in life and do so with moral conviction.

I believe that man will be 'judged'.

Life is filled with pitfalls that we all face and pass by easily or fall into; without due course and necessary contemplation of long term results. To be human and fair means to me that it's necessary to look at ourselves...our life, as a prerequisite to judging others.

If we go there we can act more fairly and better serve ourselves. Gain respect.

Favre has acted unscroupulously. That seems clear. He has to live with that failure daily. That's all his. Not ours to condemn in our humble humanness.

It's also not ours to excuse, or minimize. However it is very handy for those of us who tried to tell you what a bum he was.

Anywho, so how is that whole Randy Moss trade thingy working out for you?

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    I do believe he was sincere. As always he handles these press releases with composure but Favre has himself in such an ugly mess. This really bugs me being a long time supporter of his:

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/b7R1G

Damn what the 'H' was he thinking, the way privacy issues are so easily exposed today. This whole Favre 'scandal stuff', has me very disappointed in his compulsions. He's not been smart. He's let down too many of his dedicated fans. The result will be, IMO, a no go to a first ballot HOF acceptance.

I never thought I could be so disappointed in a man I fully admired.

He's not any Henry 'Hank' Aaron, or 'The Big M' Frank Mahovlich, or a Guy Lafleur. He's gone fr. the top of my list of Hero's to the bottom, and it sucks to me me. That 'in terms related to his off the field conduct', and my difficulty coming to terms with that destructive and embarassing behaviour.

Maybe, this statement will surprize some here on PackerRats, but 'it is what it is'. A rotten situation for his wife and family, close family members, and friends to have to suck up... deal with. For his fans to come to terms with. Especially those as open minded and fair as I am.

He screwed up. Big time ... as it all seems to me now. My final verdict on this side of Favre is in. On 'the record.

woodbuck27

Never in my wildest imagination did I think I would read this. Well said Woody. You're wrong once in a while, just like the rest of us.