Thread: Official Packers vs. Lions Discussion Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    There are now probably three elite QBs (Manning, Rodgers, Brees), and all three of those teams are as dependent on that elite QB as the others. Pittsburgh is highly dependent on Big Ben too--as is San Diego with Rivers. After watching Brady the first two weeks, I'm leaning towards dropping him out of the elite category. His downfield passing ability has fallen off dramatically. It's true that there are some teams that have a good QB that are not as dependent on that QB (namely Seattle, San Fran, Carolina, maybe Cincinnati and Arizona), but those teams are about as scarce as teams with elite QBs. Those teams have arguably the five best defenses in football. Those teams have been fortunate that their QBs have mostly been playing on their rookie contracts--except for Arizona. Things are about to change there.
    Brady has no WR to throw to worth a damn. When Danny Amendola is your best WR, you've got problems. So I won't put him out of the elite category yet.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    Brady has no WR to throw to worth a damn. When Danny Amendola is your best WR, you've got problems. So I won't put him out of the elite category yet.
    I don't buy it. Edelman is their best receiver. He's pretty darn good--in the Welker mold. Gronk is back. Vereen is one of the best pass catching RBs in football. Dobson has talent--although he missed the first game. Amendola is a decent slot receiver. Wright caught 56 passes in Tampa Bay last year. While that's not the best receiving crops, he's not completely devoid of weapons.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    I don't buy it. Edelman is their best receiver. He's pretty darn good--in the Welker mold. Gronk is back. Vereen is one of the best pass catching RBs in football. Dobson has talent--although he missed the first game. Amendola is a decent slot receiver. Wright caught 56 passes in Tampa Bay last year. While that's not the best receiving crops, he's not completely devoid of weapons.
    I totally blanked on Edelman. That does improve things a bit.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!