Thread: Official Packers vs. Chefs Gameday Thread...Great googly moogly

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Official Packers vs. Chefs Gameday Thread...Great googly moogly

Don't tell Las Vegas there is a recession looming, I was out on the Strip last night helping pay the worlds largest light bill and man was it hopping. I asked a lot of strangers their opinion on the this game from a bettors prospective and it was about 5-1 Chiefs win and cover. Chiefs are one of the worst covering teams in football and are laying us 5.5 points. Such a quirky number. Thats the books way of saying "we have no fucking clue which packer team will show up".

With this in mind I consulted Tex. It went something like this:

Bobble: Well, it was a nice run, but the defending champs with a HoF QB and one of the best coaches in the game...its probably too much to ask that we get a win out of this game. I just hope Love is going to look good.

Tex: Bobble, you ignorant shithead, we beat the Lions by 7 and they beat the chiefs by 1 so we have to be at least 8 point favorites. Besides all our players are awesome and even Clifford could probably start and win this game even if we were down to 1 healthy WR. Yee of little faith. Harrumph harumph grumble grumble.

Bobble: Why do I bother.

But here we are, just hoping Love can put another knot in skinbaskets noose. The way I see it we have 2 chances to win. First, Reid might go full M3 and forget that running the ball is allowed even if you have a HoF QB and become one dimensional playing into our strengths and away from our weakness. Second, we are at home and from what I hear there is snow on the field and Christmas in the air. Never underestimate homefield advantage in an out of conference game.

The easy prediction is that we lose to a better team. Joe Barry dials up a defense that holds Maholmes to 50 points or something. Myers fumbles 3 snaps in the snow and Stenovich tells us other than that, he is playing top notch football (Adam Stenovich MIGHT be Tex...just saying).

I'm going a different direction though. Joe Barry, knowing he is coaching for his job, dials up the pressure in the snow. RBs can't keep their footing on a slick field. Dillon proves he is a better mudder than Secretariat. Love gets a revenge game from his first NFL start and drops a neat 311 yards, 3TDs and 1 pick while hitting 8 different targets. Maholmes sinks my fantasy team while struggling to avoid our newly aggressive pass rush. Carlson shakes off last week and is money in shitty conditions.

27-24!!!

Pack wins and I stay on the hook!!!
    Last edited by bobblehead; 12-03-2023 at 12:35 PM.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.