Thread: Seahawks Targeting Tramontana

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    The longer this plays out, the more I think TWill isn't coming back. The CB FA market is bare. Culliver - the last remaining FA CB that I would have been good with signing, signed with the Redskins on Friday. There is no one else out there worth a damn IMO. If TT wanted TWill back, I'd think he'd be back by now. OR maybe TWill is butt hurt and doesn't want to come back.

Letting House go and regardless if Twill is signed back or not - You can bet TT is taking a CB early in April.
    so you think corner will be the #1 pick? Who will it be?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I'd like to see the Packers get Byron Jones from Uconn. He's their kinda guy. Tons of experience as a starter and leader; height and speed measurables. Might get priced out of the market if he's too fast at pro day. Injury may drop value...
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    so you think corner will be the #1 pick? Who will it be?
    Could be. When I say early, I'm thinking 1st - 3rd rounds. A lot depends on who's available. But, TT has ignored positions that we all thought he would target in the draft, so who knows.

Could be. When I say early, I'm thinking 1st - 3rd rounds. A lot depends on who's available. But, TT has ignored positions that we all thought he would target in the draft, so who knows.
    good points. And I was poking you a bit. I think the draft starts on April 30, so only the first round is in April, no?

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    good points. And I was poking you a bit. I think the draft starts on April 30, so only the first round is in April, no?
    Ah ha - didn't realize the draft was at the very end April.

Good one.

even if we lose Twill

i'm not sure we're all that desperate for a CB. we got shields, he's paid as a #1, then the team is pretty high on both hyde and hayward.

we need depth, but i don't know if we need top of the draft talent.

i think we will have enough of a need, where if a player drops and he's good value for the position we could take him, unlike, say QB.

but IMO, its not a massive must need priority

its not like ILB where we HAVE to draft 1 or 2 in the first few rounds