Thread: Official Fire Dom Capers Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    nobody's forcing you to come back
    There has to be a few realists around to keep you kool-aid addicts in check.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    It's sort of ridiculous to talk about what is realistic on a fan forum. Being a fan implies some level of suspension of realism, whether you choose to interpret your team's actions pessimistically or optimistically. I personally choose to enjoy the long-term success of many wins over the last 20 years, though I'm always disappointed for a few hours when the Packers bow out for the year without a title.

I generally feel like pessimistic fanship is generally providing the fanalyst a fallback position, to make the ultimate loss more palatable: they told you so! Every organization on Earth that consists of more than one person has warts that can be focused on, so there is always a flaw to be picked out and amplified into absurdity as the ultimate reason that a season (or project) has failed.

For the most part, I think most on this site deal with it "realistically", as much as that is possible. I don't see anyone saying there shouldn't be changes made. Some just are interested in discussing more of the angles that make the changes that need to be made more complicated than binary hire/fire players or personnel decisions.

And Capers needs to go . I'm ready for changes on the defense.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    says the guy who evacuates his bowels every week in the gameday thread.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck