Thread: Pay to Play? NFL Reverse Payola

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Its free market. I say they can do what they want, but if no one bites they look like assholes.
    But its not truly a free market, or at least, its not perfectly competitive. There is a limited number of acts that afford to do this and get the payoff at the backend with a tour in midwinter. So two problems arise:

1. You get acts the Super Bowl audience might not want to see because those acts are the one's with the money and big tours.

2. You have acts that will be increasingly willing to take back control of the content of the show.

There will be good fits, but I think this goes wrong eventually in a similar way the MYV version did.*

* Long before the wardrobe malfunction, people were not happy with the entertainment choices.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    But its not truly a free market, or at least, its not perfectly competitive. There is a limited number of acts that afford to do this and get the payoff at the backend with a tour in midwinter. So two problems arise:

1. You get acts the Super Bowl audience might not want to see because those acts are the one's with the money and big tours.

2. You have acts that will be increasingly willing to take back control of the content of the show.

There will be good fits, but I think this goes wrong eventually in a similar way the MYV version did.*

* Long before the wardrobe malfunction, people were not happy with the entertainment choices.
    I meant more of "its a free market and no one HAS to pay the NFL to play if they don't want to". I think they may end up with egg on their faces with this one.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.