Thread: New Orleans

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    If you go to Twitter, Ty Dunne from JSO has some cutups on Vine of good Rodgers and bad Rodgers blocking in the Panthers game. Let's just say if he is better than Q, its a race to mediocre. But he seems very willing and likely will get much better.

He gets Kuechly in one of them.

https://vine.co/u/951004048419647488
    Thing is, the good blocks are very good blocks. The kid barely has his feet wet as a pro, and he has some very good blocks on tape. That puts him light years ahead of Finley, Quarless and every other TE the Packers have had as rookies recently. He appears to have made huge strides from what he looked like most of the preseason. Inconsistency is to be expected from a rookie at any position, especially in blocking by a TE who apparently did little blocking in college.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Thing is, the good blocks are very good blocks. The kid barely has his feet wet as a pro, and he has some very good blocks on tape. That puts him light years ahead of Finley, Quarless and every other TE the Packers have had as rookies recently. He appears to have made huge strides from what he looked like most of the preseason. Inconsistency is to be expected from a rookie at any position, especially in blocking by a TE who apparently did little blocking in college.
    A coach's kid. He's willing, if not yet able. JMike was able but lukewarm, although I do recall him decelerating someone early in his career.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    A coach's kid. He's willing, if not yet able. JMike was able but lukewarm, although I do recall him decelerating someone early in his career.
    He got quite good at chipping. If he got to a guy already engaged with a lineman, the Dline guy was in trouble. But he was less interested in one on one blocking.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.