Thread: Put up or Shut up

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I hate to disappoint you but McCarthy isn't on the hot seat. Capers is another case entirely. His defenses have been woeful for a while now but #12 had been able to mask it. I consider losing Rodgers might end up being a blessing in disguise. It will force Mac to finally make a change on that side of the ball this offseason. When Brady was lost for the season NE had a functioning defense.
    What exactly would it take to put Stubby on the hot seat in GB? Personally, I think the guy is bullet-proof no matter what he does or doesn't do. He's kind of the Marv Levy of the NFC with a Super Bowl ring.

Nobody's going to blame him for injuries. On the other hand, he's pretty much bet the team's season on Hundley. And he's double-downed on that bet, saying he "knows" what ails the team and it ain't Hundley. He's also said that he's learned from previous Arod injuries not to expect the substitute QB to do what Arod does. That implies he has a plan to at least make Hundley serviceable. Maybe he does, yet, after a long bye week, playing at home, we're still waiting. Maybe things will improve the rest of the way. Maybe not.

The irony is that Stubby might do what he does best: coach with his back to the wall, rally the troops and eek us into the playoffs where he can do what he does second best...lose to a team with an elite QB. Then, TT can do what he does best: draft at the tail end of the 1st round and develop...again.

It's what we've come to know as business as usual in GB. To say I've got mixed feelings about that is an understatement if there ever was one.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    What exactly would it take to put Stubby on the hot seat in GB? Personally, I think the guy is bullet-proof no matter what he does or doesn't do. He's kind of the Marv Levy of the NFC with a Super Bowl ring.

Nobody's going to blame him for injuries. On the other hand, he's pretty much bet the team's season on Hundley. And he's double-downed on that bet, saying he "knows" what ails the team and it ain't Hundley. He's also said that he's learned from previous Arod injuries not to expect the substitute QB to do what Arod does. That implies he has a plan to at least make Hundley serviceable. Maybe he does, yet, after a long bye week, playing at home, we're still waiting. Maybe things will improve the rest of the way. Maybe not.

The irony is that Stubby might do what he does best: coach with his back to the wall, rally the troops and eek us into the playoffs where he can do what he does second best...lose to a team with an elite QB. Then, TT can do what he does best: draft at the tail end of the 1st round and develop...again.

It's what we've come to know as business as usual in GB. To say I've got mixed feelings about that is an understatement if there ever was one.
    Green Bay is Green Bay is Green Bay is .....

Just One BIG HAPPY FAMILY ................ and meanwhile .........
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau