Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
This is precisely my point. He has been a knucklehead before. So have Packer players. But teams don't advertise this fact on Twitter unless there is a CBA coming up. The Packers don't need the NFL office to call to realize they need to take it down because they don't want the 49ers to post a photo of a Packer uniform the next time a Green Bay player does something stupid.

Teams exist to increase the value of teams and the League. Newspapers exist to increase their readership. The issues are not the same.
The next time a packer does something stupid, I fully expect other teams reporters to write about it and advertise the fact that they're writing about it - especially if it's an interesting subject that will pull page views. That's sort of what reporting is. You initially made it sound like vic did something wrong by writing about it. Is that the stance you're taking or did I miss the boat there? I'm not arguing why it was taken down, I'm arguing that it shouldn't of been taken down because it was a valid topic.