Thread: Week 4 Other Games

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Mike View Post
    Fuck off, Teddy Bongwater!!!!

3 point loss on the road.....I gotta tell you, that Den defense is REALLY tough. If you guys play 'em, have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    3 point loss on the road.....I gotta tell you, that Den defense is REALLY tough. If you guys play 'em, have fun.
    Packers play them November 1. Definitely don't want to get into a lot of must-pass situations against those guys.

We will.

Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    We will.

Doesn't look that fun.

Doesn't look that fun.
    Wow you held on to that comment for 28 days.

Bitter often?

Wow you held on to that comment for 28 days.

Bitter often?
    Oh c'mon esoxx. Ras earned that one. Can't hold one as good as that against someone.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Oh c'mon esoxx. Ras earned that one. Can't hold one as good as that against someone.
    You're right. I'm sure if the packers rolled I would have went back to a comment made some 28 days earlier to rub it in. Who carries something like that around for a month is what I would like to know.

But rock on.

You're right. I'm sure if the packers rolled I would have went back to a comment made some 28 days earlier to rub it in. Who carries something like that around for a month is what I would like to know.

But rock on.
    Well, on this board Ras is the odd one out, so his memory is probably longer than most. But he is a good dude stuck rooting for an expansion team

Just kidding Ras!
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Manning did all he could to keep the Vikings in the game. He looks like a shell of himself. Goes back to the middle of last year.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Manning did all he could to keep the Vikings in the game.
    did the same for a half vs KC. How he rallied in that game is beyond me, but they would never have won that game without a great defensive effort and huge KC mistakes.

Manning is getting by on his accumulated wiles and tricks.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    did the same for a half vs KC. How he rallied in that game is beyond me, but they would never have won that game without a great defensive effort and huge KC mistakes.

Manning is getting by on his accumulated wiles and tricks.
    He's getting by because of his defense.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    He's getting by because of his defense.
    That's what is saving the team (as I mentioned). Manning himself is only staying on the field due to his bag of tricks and accumulated wisdom.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Manning did all he could to keep the Vikings in the game. He looks like a shell of himself. Goes back to the middle of last year.
    Completely agree. If they didn't have that defense they would be pretty mediocre. Since they do have that D, they are a tough team to play.

Completely agree. If they didn't have that defense they would be pretty mediocre. Since they do have that D, they are a tough team to play.
    I think I've seen Denver play every week Ras and I agree that their D is fast and nasty. I was actually surprised the game ended up as close as it did but Harvey is right, Manning kept the Vikes in it each time Denver had a chance to go up 3 scores. The Vikes look like they're starting to find their identity a little bit. I think they have a pretty good shot at a wildcard game this year.

I agree that Denver's team would be pretty mediocre without that D playing at a high level.

Quote Originally Posted by SMBASS View Post
    I think I've seen Denver play every week Ras and I agree that their D is fast and nasty. I was actually surprised the game ended up as close as it did but Harvey is right, Manning kept the Vikes in it each time Denver had a chance to go up 3 scores. The Vikes look like they're starting to find their identity a little bit. I think they have a pretty good shot at a wildcard game this year.

I agree that Denver's team would be pretty mediocre without that D playing at a high level.
    Yea, I expect Green Bay wins that Denver game but it'll be tough. The Vikings are not there yet but it sure seems like they are on a solid path now.

As soon as I say it, they begin to put together an actual drive.