Thread: Schum out

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    oops...it was lowest % of returnable punts.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    oops...it was lowest % of returnable punts.
    It felt like every time we needed a good punt he hit a 32 yarder that went out of bounds for no return.

I remember at warm-ups last year and watching Schum boom punts before games. He never got off a punt close to his warm-ups in game action.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    It felt like every time we needed a good punt he hit a 32 yarder that went out of bounds for no return.

I remember at warm-ups last year and watching Schum boom punts before games. He never got off a punt close to his warm-ups in game action.
    Against both Dallas and Atlanta in the playoffs he averaged 54 yards per punt. I thought he got off to a bad start last year but then really turned it around.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Against both Dallas and Atlanta in the playoffs he averaged 54 yards per punt. I thought he got off to a bad start last year but then really turned it around.
    me too.

Blog Entries
    Yeah Schum was 16th ranked in net average for the year at 39.8, but the last 3 games (playoff games) he netted 43.4 which would have been 3rd in the league had he done that all year.

It's all about net average in Green Bay, the ball just doesn't travel as far, and Schum did an underrated job overall I think. He's replaceable though obviously.

Don't drop the ball here Teddy. Maybe there's some Austrailian who can run around, threaten some first downs and "kick it where they ain't" when he can't get the first down...
    Last edited by vince; 06-02-2017 at 11:18 PM.

Lord knows his leg was loose in that Atlanta game.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.