Thread: Former Packers still pursuing the dream

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Training camp and practice squad, I think. Then he went to the Bears.
    Yes !

http://news.nationalpost.com/sports/...s-grey-cup-win

‘Somebody pinch me and wake me up’: Ottawa Redblacks’ Henry Burris savours Grey Cup win

Tim Baines, Postmedia Network .... November 29, 2016 10:26 AM ET

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Burris

The Green Bay Packers took interest in Henry Burress after the 2000 CFL season ended, and signed him to a contract.

Burris began playing in the 2001 NFL season, when he spent several weeks as the Packers' ( Roster third-string quarterback ) , before he was released and then he spent the rest of the season on their practice squad.

This fella was amazing on Sunday in what is being touted as one of the greatest ever Grey Cup games. Playing injured, the Ottawa Redblacks QB, Henry Burress put on one of the greatest All Time Grey Cup performances ( the games MVP ). He's a class act and has had a solid CFL career.

His reaction following that huge win on Sunday was wonderful to see. I've seen few better reactions following any Championship victory celebration. His teammates love him; Ottawa loves him.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 12-01-2016 at 03:32 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau