http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...gs-down-again/

Ratings down again.

I mostly agree with what everyone is saying in this thread.

-Over saturation (see: Thursday night football. I never watch those games. Usually garbage)

-I'm getting sick of all the focus on fantasy. I used to play fantasy religiously but stopped a few years ago. It wasn't fun anymore. Now you can't watch a pregame or highlight show without someone talking about fantasy. Nobody cares about your fantasy team.

-Poor prime time matchups

-Players politicizing the game via the kneeling and other demonstrations (Some people watch football as an escape. And don'y want to get reminded of or think of the divisiveness going on in the country right now)

-Piss poor streaming. It is 2016. MLB and NHL have amazing streaming services available to everyone and delvier games in crisp HD. The NFL version is garbage. You either need DirecTV or need to live in a condo. And the service is laggy, cuts out, poor quality that makes me feel like it is 1997 and I'm on my 33.6k modem. I have better luck with illegal streams.

All I can think of right now as reasons for some of my waning interests. I used to watch all the prime-time games. Now I pretty much only watch the Packers.