Thread: Official 2017 NFL draft thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    There are a lot of really good pass rushers in this draft and the Packers should have a solid group to choose from if the desire that selection late in the first round. Thompson hasn't hit big on drafting small defensive ends and transplanting them to outside linebacker. It will be interesting to see what direction he will choose to go if he desires a pass rusher with his first pick. Personally I would want to see a linebacker selected to offer a pass rush like Haason Reddick rather than drafting an undersized defensive end that's prototypical for a 4-3 defense. Another guy I like is the DT from Florida St Demarcus Walker. He could add an interior pass rush tandem with Mike Daniels that could be quite effective.

Derek Barnett, DE, Tennessee, Jr., 6-3, 257, 4.76
    Takkarist McKinley, OLB/DE, UCLA, Sr., 6-2, 258, 4.58
    Taco Charlton, DE, Michigan, Sr., 6-5, 272, 4.87
    Carl Lawson, OLB/DE, Auburn, rJr., 6-2, 253, 4.67
    Haason Reddick, LB, Temple, rSr., 6-1, 237, 4.54
    Tim Williams, OLB, Alabama, Sr., 6-3, 252, 4.76
    DeMarcus Walker, DT, Florida State, Sr, 6-2, 273, 4.86
    Charles Harris, DE, Missouri, rJr, 6-3, 255, 4.74

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    There are a lot of really good pass rushers in this draft and the Packers should have a solid group to choose from if the desire that selection late in the first round. Thompson hasn't hit big on drafting small defensive ends and transplanting them to outside linebacker. It will be interesting to see what direction he will choose to go if he desires a pass rusher with his first pick. Personally I would want to see a linebacker selected to offer a pass rush like Haason Reddick rather than drafting an undersized defensive end that's prototypical for a 4-3 defense. Another guy I like is the DT from Florida St Demarcus Walker. He could add an interior pass rush tandem with Mike Daniels that could be quite effective.

Interior pass rush would solve a lot of problems.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Interior pass rush would solve a lot of problems.
    This would probably help the defense the most going into next season. But I really like Kenny Clark though. He was just starting to show his potential in the playoffs last year. I think he could have a huge second year, and he's still so young. With him and Mike D I don't know how much playing time a Walker type draft pick would get. He'll probably shoot up draft boards after the combine but Takkarist McKinley looks like a stud in a position of need for us. His speed is why he won't fall to us, but his hand techniques could be why he does. I think NFL coaching can teach hand mechanics. You can't teach the speed and length he possess. Not to mention he should have some familiarity with Kenny Clark as both are from UCLA.
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post

Tim Williams is a beast!!