Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Look at all the Free Agents making plays for the Broncos

Quote Originally Posted by RonWolfGOAT View Post
    Ware, Sanders, Talib, Owen Daniels, TJ Ward.....it's almost like there is more than 1 way of buildling a team.
    And the Packers, Broncos, Saints, Ravens, Seahawks, Steelers, Pats different team building strats have all led to a different team winning the SB dating back to 2009.

It's almost as if each of these ways are viable ways to build a team...meaning no true right or wrong way. You need the right players, some luck, and momentum to repeat.

You could also say there are 31 ways not to build a team each year. Since only one of the draft/develop heavy teams and FA building teams and the heavy spending spree teams win it every year.

I wonder what posters like the OP did after 2010. Celebrated? Cried? Had a different account name since they're likely some bandwagon/fair weather POS?

Also, I get a kick out of people like the OP since they only start these stupid one off threads and don't really contribute anything else to any other part of the forum (reminds me of some of the worst Bubbler trolls). Though I guess they get people to flame them so there's that.
    Last edited by Striker; 02-08-2016 at 01:15 AM.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by yetisnowman View Post
    Volume. Volume. Volume. Volume . Volume. It's like debating with a wall. You can isolate Peppers v Ware thats fine. Wash. What about the other handful of key IMPACT free agents that are up and down both sides of the ball?
    Oooooo....IMPACT. Very cool. I wish the Packers signed guys and drafted guys with IMPACT, not just impact.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

We can have this discussion every year.

Team X won the SB. My team isn't building their team the same way, doesn't have the right coach, doesn't play the right offense/defense, isn't good enough at certain positions. Like someone said earlier, there are 31 other teams trying to figure out how to win the SB next year.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Remember when it was trendy that coaches had to be tough to win a SB? I remember hearing so much about how a team needed a tough coach like Kubiak to win it all. Oh wait, that never happened.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Does Elway get double credit for blowing the Elvis Dumerville contract restructuring/waiver? And then needing to sign Ware?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I will say I would happily endorse signing a Colquitt to a FA contract, street or otherwise.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    I wonder what posters like the OP did after 2010. Celebrated? Cried? Had a different account name since they're likely some bandwagon/fair weather POS?

Also, I get a kick out of people like the OP since they only start these stupid one off threads and don't really contribute anything else to any other part of the forum (reminds me of some of the worst Bubbler trolls). Though I guess they get people to flame them so there's that.
    This is the correct portion. Trolls will be trolls. No amount of fact giving or counter arguing will get through because that's not what they want. They want to stir up shit. This jackwagon is no different and quite probably is one of the previous trolls with no sexual outlet sitting in their mother's basement.

He's probably jerking it to this thread 3-4 times a day.

Here is another one the Packers should have considered for depth.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 12m12 minutes ago
    Meanwhile, in Philly, #Bills RB LeSean McCoy is under investigation.

Action News on 6abc @6abc
    Sources: Off-duty Philadelphia officers assaulted by LeSean McCoy: http://6abc.com/1191784/

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Oooooo....IMPACT. Very cool. I wish the Packers signed guys and drafted guys with IMPACT, not just impact.
    Thanks for your contribution to the discussion. I feel the need to distinguish with capital letters since some can't accept the difference between the significance in signing Letroy Guion and signing Aqib Talib.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Thanks for your contribution to the discussion. I feel the need to distinguish with capital letters since some can't accept the difference between the significance in signing Letroy Guion and signing Aqib Talib.
    Are you saying you get more CAPS the more penalties you commit?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I don't see a need to troll, but it's a pretty good bet the Packers would have had some more offensive success if they had looked to improve a few weak spots like TE. They are a super bowl team at most positions. There are many ways to skin a cat and I predict that when Elliot is running the show the Packers will operate differently - hopefully for the better.

It is unlikely thought that Elliot matches TT's success unless he finds another HOF QB.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Are you saying you get more CAPS the more penalties you commit?
    Talib has his issues and yes he makes an impact, even if 5% is negative. Guion is just a guy in the NFL. Barely noticeable.

and some can't accept the similarity between signing Talib because they lost Rodgers-Cromartie by Denver, and Green Bay simply resigning Shields.

When you have to sign a high value FA because you lost a high value FA, is it really any different than just hanging on to your own high value FA instead? They did not add Talib to their talent pool, they replaced Rodgers-Cromartie with Talib. Maybe an improvement, maybe not, maybe a draw, but from a roster building concept it varies very little from GB have managed to keep Shields.

They upgraded at key positions as opposed to re signing their guys. They are a better team because of their aggressiveness. They could have resigned Tebow, cromartie, Decker, Adams....but they didn't. They got better at those positions. It doesn't always work out, but Elway executed it brilliantly this go round. Are you really pretending there is no difference in the strategies?

They upgraded at key positions as opposed to re signing their guys. They are a better team because of their aggressiveness. They could have resigned Tebow, cromartie, Decker, Adams....but they didn't. They got better at those positions. It doesn't always work out, but Elway executed it brilliantly this go round. Are you really pretending there is no difference in the strategies?
    I'm not pretending anything. I don't know how many of their lose-one, sign-one FA trade offs were improvements and how many weren't improvements. More importantly, I don't know how many were planned and how many were the result of an inability to reach agreement with the departing player. I think way too much is being made of a few FAs signed, not to fill holes, but to replace players that were just as good, maybe a little better, maybe a little worse. I'm not sure this Denver team was actually better than the one that lost the SB a coupls years ago. But, I will give Elway credit for making them different, not sure if it was better than the last one.

Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post

Charles Woodson, Howard Green, Ryan Picket...starting to think a lot of that roster was more John Schnieder than we think...

Im not sure how even the most ardent of TT fans can honestly say he has put enough resources into making the ILB and TE positions above average. They don't need to be great, just above average. But hey, at least we have two FBs.

Denver is arguably an example of how free agency can help to build a SB roster. But when you look at just one team and try to evaluate roster-building strategies based on short term results, not only are you are being a results merchant, you are likely to be emulating models that are unreproducible or to which the rest of the league is now adjusting. So for free agency, how does relying on it to build your roster work for most teams in any given year? And how does reliance work for any one team over the course of many years?

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    I'm not pretending anything. I don't know how many of their lose-one, sign-one FA trade offs were improvements and how many weren't improvements. More importantly, I don't know how many were planned and how many were the result of an inability to reach agreement with the departing player. I think way too much is being made of a few FAs signed, not to fill holes, but to replace players that were just as good, maybe a little better, maybe a little worse. I'm not sure this Denver team was actually better than the one that lost the SB a coupls years ago. But, I will give Elway credit for making them different, not sure if it was better than the last one.
    You're not sure if this team is better? Elway took a pretty good defense and made it an all time great one via the draft and key free agents. Statistically that is indisputable.