Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Pick #26 - Datone Jones

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post

The 2nd half of the Stanford game is one of the games that gave me pause about Jones.

He gets a sack early in the 3rd quarter, but even on that play he looked like me playing soccer when I was a kid - I'd only run if the ball came close enough that I have to chase after it.

Then again, soccer is a eurotrash, communist plot... and doesn't warrant much athletic exertion.
    Hey wist43...Good thing you didn't try to mock this draft and do so with integrity.

It wasn't a picnic this year. I looked at scores of prospects. I mean Mae and I actually acted like Internet Scouts. I produced scads of paper and printed alot.Analyzed so so much.

There isn't one site I've discovered that covers it all and when someone designs that site. That person will fork in the $$$$$ dough$$$$$

That person will become very rich because of the traffic. I'd love to be a consultant...for even 5% Royalties.

It seened that almost ever prospect had this or that wrong. My mock is the best I could do after actually having decided to stop. One change flipped another pick and that #26 pick was 'the devil'. The Rd. 6 and 7picks are solid and easier to determine but Picks #26, #55, #88, #122, #159 and #167 were difficult.

It's that integrity part and then things started changing rapidly. The board shifted. ie CB DJ Hayden moved Fr. Rd 3-4 to Rd. 1. There were lots like that but to a lesser degree in terms of moving.

I'll in the next few days try to make a more informed opinion on DE Dayton Jones; but it looks to me like TT made his best choice taking him.

I wasn't so sure last night. I was doing a balancing act between him and DT Sylvester Williams.

It's the sucky position we're in on our DL. The fact that DE Daytone Jones comes to us 'light' for TT's preference for size and DE and our ' so called ' 3-4 D.

GO Ted GO!
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    I don't like the 34 'D'.
    Did you just come out to us?
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    Excuse me !!?

Did I offend you?

What kind of post is that in terms of any meaning?

PACKERS !
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Then again, soccer is a eurotrash, communist plot... and doesn't warrant much athletic exertion.
    Repped!

Excuse me !!?

Did I offend you?

PACKERS !
    34 D's is like the perfect bra size!

I don't like the 34 'D'.
    I do.

Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Opps! Sorry I'm a tad wasted doing that fricken' mock.

Ohh Dear I fell into that one...and I prefer 34C.

34-26-34. Zingers !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I do.

OK .... You won me over ... but be cautious......you'll arouse Fritz and Bretsky.

OK .... You won me over ... but be cautious......you'll arouse Fritz and Bretsky.
    It did just that, Bucky.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Great White Buffalo... she was short, cute, long black hair, 105 lbs, and 34D's.
    wist

Witness Protection Rat HOFer
    nice draft pic. any asians or latinas worth drafting?

Jumbo Rat HOFer

The 2nd half of the Stanford game is one of the games that gave me pause about Jones.

He gets a sack early in the 3rd quarter, but even on that play he looked like me playing soccer when I was a kid - I'd only run if the ball came close enough that I didn't have to chase after it.

Sorry Wist, I just don't see what you do. He was constantly double teamed and he still ended up in the backfield or stalemated the double team on the LOS.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Sorry Wist, I just don't see what you do. He was constantly double teamed and he still ended up in the backfield or stalemated the double team on the LOS.
    yup. splits double teams. still makes plays in the fourth quarter.

hope jones gets to 320 plus since he could be a very good nose tackle.

Which one of you nutbags is named Rick?

Fro GBPG Mailbag: http://www.packersnews.com/article/2...t-round-choice

Rick, Upper Michigan: If the Packers lose out on Lacy, I hope someone at the Press Gazette has enough guts to question Thompson on it. He was there for the taking . What is it about Ted Thompson that when he has a glaring need to be filled, he does just the opposite of filling it? I don’t understand this at all. Another 1st round pick WASTED!!! This guy would have been available in the 3rd round according to most of the draft pundits . I hope someone has the guts to call Thompson out on this. You reporters for the Press Gazette have kissed his (expletive) long enough!!!!!
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by rbaloha1 View Post
    yup. splits double teams. still makes plays in the fourth quarter.

hope jones gets to 320 plus since he could be a very good nose tackle.
    Good grief rb... don't you start too!!! NT??

He's 280 lbs, and gets turned out of the hole from time to time at DE - like Raji, Jones's strength is his quickness... why would you want to turn him into a fat guy and negate his greatest strength?? He's strictly a 5-technique in a 30 base, and he's a versatile DT inside on passing downs.

Capers is entirely capable of screwing this pick up like he does everything else - don't encourage him.

What will putting weight on do to him??
    wist

As 3irty1 said, Jones running hot and cold may be behind him now... so maybe it was a maturity issue.

As long as Jones runs hot, I'm very much okay with the pick... I just had my doubts about his on/off switch, and the fact that he was a tweener. That said, he's very stout for a 280 lbs guy.

From here, it's just a matter of how big a mess Capers can make of the kid.
    wist

Good grief rb... don't you start too!!! NT??

He's 280 lbs, and gets turned out of the hole from time to time at DE - like Raji, Jones's strength is his quickness... why would you want to turn him into a fat guy and negate his greatest strength?? He's strictly a 5-technique in a 30 base, and he's a versatile DT inside on passing downs.

Capers is entirely capable of screwing this pick up like he does everything else - don't encourage him.

What will putting weight on do to him??
    okay capers is fraud.

first jones needs to get to 295.

second raji is out of here.

in the absence of jesse williams type maybe jones needs to beef up in the future.

lets not forget how much weight guys like eric fisher and lane johnson put on a relatively short period of time.

my idea about jones is based on the future and gradual weight increase with his already long frame.

As 3irty1 said, Jones running hot and cold may be behind him now... so maybe it was a maturity issue.

As long as Jones runs hot, I'm very much okay with the pick... I just had my doubts about his on/off switch, and the fact that he was a tweener. That said, he's very stout for a 280 lbs guy.

From here, it's just a matter of how big a mess Capers can make of the kid.
    initally i wished the packers stayed away from this type of player. after more examination i am on-board assuming jones gets to 295 -- which appears to be plan as per TT.

Quote Originally Posted by rbaloha1 View Post
    initally i wished the packers stayed away from this type of player. after more examination i am on-board assuming jones gets to 295 -- which appears to be plan as per TT.
    I feel okay about the pick. Which means he'll probably be a good player.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I feel okay about the pick. Which means he'll probably be a good player.
    You and me both brother. Understanding a Thompson draft is weird. Only Raji and Matthews previously made that work and that required a complete overhaul of the D.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.