Thread: WR Routes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ok, maybe it is all adams fault

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...adams-problem/

Over the last three weeks, when Rodgers throws to Adams, he’s 15-for-35 for 129 yards with no touchdowns and one interception. That’s a completion percentage of 42.9 percent, an average of 3.7 yards per pOver the last three weeks, when Rodgers throws to anyone other than Adams, he’s 58-for-103 for 618 yards with five touchdowns and no interceptions. That’s a completion percentage of 56.3 percent, an average of 6.0 yards per pass, and a passer rating of 90.2.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    Saw that too. I'm mystified as to why they don't bench him at this point.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Saw that too. I'm mystified as to why they don't bench him at this point.
    Because Janis isn't 'trustworthy'
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I mean, Lacy gets benched for a fumble but at least 90% of his touches were productive.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    I mean, Lacy gets benched for a fumble but at least 90% of his touches were productive.
    Give him the goddamn ball fuckers!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I'm not making an excuse, cause Adams has been shit, but I wonder how much the ankle is bothering him. He looked 10X better last year. That can't all be the result of facing the 3rd and 4th string DB's. He has no speed or ability to get open. He gets to the point of his route where he is making cuts and he does this jump cut fake move that is going nowhere.
    Go PACK

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    I'm not making an excuse, cause Adams has been shit, but I wonder how much the ankle is bothering him. He looked 10X better last year. That can't all be the result of facing the 3rd and 4th string DB's. He has no speed or ability to get open. He gets to the point of his route where he is making cuts and he does this jump cut fake move that is going nowhere.
    Yeah, I don't think he's 100% or even close. I think it's time to just turn Janis loose and see what he can do, especially on the scramble drills they seem to fall into when the rush comes and the receivers aren't getting open in their primary routes. It's not their style, but is there any possibility of bringing in a street free agent to try and inject some life, or is that a waste? http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2015WR.php
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Blog Entries

Was at the game last night; random thoughts

Adams needs to be a #3 WR; he runs average routes at best and his hands are erratic

Cobb is on and off with his routes; seems to turn his effort on and off as well

Janis and Jones routes are completed shit; Jones makes a rounded circle over a sharp cut. Janis just runs crappy routes and it's no wonder AROD doesn't trust the guy. I wouldn't either.

This team missed Abby and Montgomery; many dig on Abby but he's a very crisp, reliable, and solid route runner. He just can't stay healthy. Montgomery I thought was a pretty good route runner as well.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post

This team missed Abby and Montgomery; many dig on Abby but he's a very crisp, reliable, and solid route runner. He just can't stay healthy. Montgomery I thought was a pretty good route runner as well.
    Nah. people were pretty amped about Abracadabra. You can tell he has skills. I was at the SD game when Monty got hurt. Somehow, that was the final straw for the offense. They've been in a funk ever since. I really think it's the overall skill level at depth. Adams, Cobb, Abra, Monty, and Jones/Janis is a pretty decent five man WR group (switch Jones and Janis out for possession/fly pattern). But they need all that depth because Adams and Cobb are not #1 receivers. Adams has a chance to be a #1 assuming he's still not 100% at the ankle and gets hand transplants.