Thread: What do the Packers get for Aaron Rodgers?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I agree Mark Murphy really F’d up making those comments. He has a big mouth and says a lot of stupid shit for someone in his role.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    I agree Mark Murphy really F’d up making those comments. He has a big mouth and says a lot of stupid shit for someone in his role.
    I agree - that was stupid, awkward, and uncalled for.

At the same time, Joe made a good point to me the other day. I'd said that Rodgers said on McAfee that he was leaning toward retirement but surprise surprise after he left his darkenss retreat he had players telling him the Packers were shopping him, and of course Rodgers painted a picture of someone who was surprised and saddened and betrayed by this.

Yet he was teasing out which fans were cheering loudest for a trade when he was in that golf tournament, which I believe was before his retreat. So his whole thing about feeling betrayed, that "something changed" with the Packer managment while he was in his retreat is, well, utter bullshit.

So I will, at this point, be glad when the trade is completed, Rodgers can become a Jet, and I only will wonder about him if there is a draft pick tied up in how well he plays for the Jets or how well they do.

I'll be ready to move on to talking about how the Green Bay rebuild is going. Though "rebuild" for a team that continues to kick the can down the road (more void years! More! This time Rasul Douglas) is an odd word. I don't know if they know what the fuck they're doing.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack