Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you beat the Seahawks?

Percy Harvin gone and his "replacement" now out of the year. That's one major thing we don't really have to worry about stopping.

My wife is annoyed with me because I've been going around for the first time all year saying we have zero chance to win this game and it was a fun season and all that. I'm just going into it with absolutely zero expectations and a hidden glimmer of hope.

To Do List:

Tackle Competently
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    To Do List (cont):

Buy Pizza Rolls
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

To Do List (cont):

Keep RW in the pocket.

Beating the Seahags at home will be difficult. The Packers need to capitalize on any and all turnovers. The Packers have to limit bad penalties and do not turn the ball over themselves, We will also need a big play or two on special teams.

To Do List (cont):

Find some lunch.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

To do list:

Never again watch a Seattle Seahawk recorded game and for what reason!?

To try and disprove that this isn't the fastest team in the NFL on defense.

The Seattle Seahawks defense closes on the ball like a bunch of fat chicks at a pastry party.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    To Do List (cont):

Find some lunch.
    pizza rolls? two birds with one stone...
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mission View Post
    Percy Harvin gone and his "replacement" now out of the year. That's one major thing we don't really have to worry about stopping.

My wife is annoyed with me because I've been going around for the first time all year saying we have zero chance to win this game and it was a fun season and all that. I'm just going into it with absolutely zero expectations and a hidden glimmer of hope.
    I expect I'll be clicking the game off sometime in the 3rd quarter... hopefully we're still reasonably in it at half-time, but it wouldn't surprise me if we were already in blowout territory.
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    To Do List (cont):

Buy Pizza Rolls

My favorite movie reviewer would agree.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

To Do List (cont):

Have silent count go higher than one (head bob).

because everyone is so excited that Richardson was lost for the season, I fully expect Pete Carroll to try at least one deep fly with Ricardo Lockette very early in the game. Dude has great speed, and Carroll really enjoys sticking it to the naysayers. It's the kind of thing his players respond to as well. "Oh, we lost a top WR? Boo, hoo, we're gonna be better because of it." Pete will come onto the field and pump his fist as Lockette crosses the goal line.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Beyond just a list of cliche "dont's" that are needed for winning any football game, here's the strategies I think are important specific to this game:

On defense

Marshawn Lynch is going to get some yards. This is a well executed zbs scheme with some twists thanks to Wilson's athleticism. No matter what you plan, they can create a numbers advantage through leverage, effectively blocking a man with scheme alone. Carolina did nothing special, they just have stud linebackers who don't miss tackles. The Packers are in a better position than most to ask more of their secondary in the run game. The double switch of Perry at OLB and Matthews at MLB is ideal for this game. Okung excels against speed but is susceptible to power and Perry is the best edge defender on the team. Matthews in the middle puts him in a position to get more opportunities than anyone to bring down Lynch and pursue Wilson. On the other side is rookie Justin Britt who hasn't developed as well as some others like our Linsley. This is a key matchup for us, I like having Peppers towering over Wilson on the side where he's most likely to scramble. The Seattle passing game is very different than week one with Harvin but still the same in that it's supplementary with the goal of putting maximum horizontal pressure on the defense. This is now achieved through the use of bunch formations to give pedestrian WR's free releases. I expect even more bunch formations this week just to get their best receiving talent on the field, there isn't much left but TEs and slot WRs. Dallas and San Diego held Seattle in check mostly by playing defense with offense which is obviously the best scenario for the highest scoring offense in the league but I feel we're as well equipped as any to handle this offense.

On offense

This is clearly what this game is about. The number one offense facing the number one defense. Contrary to popular opinion, I'd give Richard Sherman the exact same treatment as last game. Its not cowardice, its offense and the reasons for doing it are still sound. If he wants to cover Jordy Nelson we should make him leave his comfort zone to do it and I expect he will this time. He must really love that side of the field but I doubt its worth letting us dictate all the matchups.

Week 17 Seattle lost interior rusher Jordan Stills for the year which deepened the wound of an already battered unit. Those snaps are now going to the double switch of Bennett and Irvin and the rest to emergency waiver pickup Demarcus Dobbs. For the last two weeks this defense now has just two lineman on the roster weighing 300 lbs. The sensible path to victory goes through Eddie Lacy. We'll likely spend much of the game in shotgun formations due to Rodgers calf. Getting completions underneith to Lacy and the TE's early and utilizing the no huddle to prevent substitutions could get us some drastically undersized defensive fronts to run against. This is how you can find a rhythem and keep Seattle's defense uncomfortable.

I think the biggest obstacle in this game is the fact that its away. We've not been able to execute well on the road all year, I don't see what that should change against Seattle. We don't need to be perfect or lucky, we don't even need to play our best game, but we do need to make this our best road game. The record for first seeds vs second seeds is 15-9 all time and that's about the odds I give us. 37.5% chance of winning. Take the Packers to cover.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    The thing I don't understand is why my gut keeps telling me we win this? Maybe because everybody else and their brother is picking Seattle??

Quote Originally Posted by oldbutnotdeadyet View Post
    The thing I don't understand is why my gut keeps telling me we win this? Maybe because everybody else and their brother is picking Seattle??
    I believe this is the first time in Aaron Rodgers' entire career that he's been a TD underdog.

There's NO ONE that thinks the Packers win this. Cowherd was laughing the other day, basically telling Cowboy fans to relax because them and the Packers have zero chance of beating the Seahawks.

If Aaron Rodgers is going to pass into the Richard Sherman's coverage I believe the routes have to be up and in.

If a QB passes to a spot Richard Sherman will pick it. Pass's over the top up the right sideline are risky.

How do you handle Marshawn Lynch? That man is simply outstanding in how he sheds tacklers. He's the Tasmanian Devil of NFL RB's. Of his approx. 1500 yards about half of those are from runs after contact. He's difficult to bring down.

Add the skills of Russell Wilson to the Seattle running attack and you've got a load.

We have one decent chance in this game. The Packer defense has to take their game to a level higher than we've seen in any other game this season. The team has to demonstrate that it really wants this game with a lot of energy that's evident to us. I mean get to the ball carrier fast and get his ass on the ground.

The Packer defense has to watch out for fast rising TE Luke Willson. This young man has great hands and athleticism and is fast and very strong. Like Lynch I've see evidence that he's difficult to tackle. If he gets by you with the ball and his outstanding speed...he'll score.

The Packer WR's simply need to beat coverage. Get open and make the catch; secure the ball.

Eddie Lacy is a similar RB to Marshawn Lynch. Eddie has to just do what's he's been doing the last half dozen games.

We'll see our team win this game. A lot of experts are going to be surprized. This is Aaron Rodgers and the Green Bay Packers year. The Packers are going to go to Seattle and defeat a very strong team.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-14-2015 at 04:35 PM.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by mission View Post
    I believe this is the first time in Aaron Rodgers' entire career that he's been a TD underdog.

There's NO ONE that thinks the Packers win this. Cowherd was laughing the other day, basically telling Cowboy fans to relax because them and the Packers have zero chance of beating the Seahawks.
    I get it because you cannot observe the Seattle Seahawks and not be impressed. This's a scary team.

The Green bay Packers must be at their very best and the Seattle Seahawks a tad off or the NFC Champion will be the Seattle Seahawks.

To get to the Super Bowl the Packers must beat the best.

Quote Originally Posted by oldbutnotdeadyet View Post
    My gut too. Woody's as well. KY also on board. You aren't alone.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    If Aaron Rodgers is going to pass into the Richard Sherman's coverage I believe the routes have to be up and in.
    hey, I actually agree! Sherman has great outside technique. His ability to maintain coverage and keep his eyes on the QB are uncanny, esp if he has the WR along the sideline.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2014...espnapi_public

Rodgers: Ton of respect for Sherman

Updated: January 14, 2015, 5:18 PM ET

" ... Aaron Rodgers and the Green Bay Packers say they aren't afraid of throwing at Richard Sherman.

But that doesn't mean they actually will throw the way of the Seattle Seahawks All-Pro cornerback often in Sunday's NFC Championship Game.

"You have to be aware of him," Rodgers said Tuesday on his ESPN Milwaukee radio show. "Not scared of him, but you have a ton of respect for him.

"Look at the numbers, they don't lie. Not a lot of guys catch passes on his side, and for the amount of times he's targeted, his interception totals are very impressive. You just have to play your game, but if he's locking his guy down, he's probably not going to get a lot of passes thrown his way."..."