Thread: Official Packers/Vikings Discussion Thread Week 5

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    I don't like the matchup. I'm not convinced that our passing offense is awake. Rodgers and Jordy sure but there is still not anything going in the middle of the field. Even though Cobb put up good stats on Sunday he still looks like a shell of himself to me. This week he'll face Munnerlyn who is a grade above the backup backups and linebackers he's struggled to separate from. Jordy will get his yards but Rhodes isn't garbage and should get plenty of help ala Detroit. If Rhodes has half the day that Slay had for Detroit, someone else is going to have to step up.

On defense, this is a greatest hits of things we've been terrible against. Should look like the diet version of Seattle's offense with tons of rushing, misdirection, and Cordarrelle Patterson playing the part of Percy Harvin.
    Who's rushing the passer in Minny now, though? Floyd has been pretty bad. Griffen/Robison have been pretty quiet since Allen has been gone, and the game is on grass. Greenway is out, no? They have nowhere near the horsepower in the front 7 that Detroit has, and they're playing away. Detroit's success in coverage was more a function of that front 7 tearing ass on that carpet.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Who's rushing the passer in Minny now, though? Floyd has been pretty bad. Griffen/Robison have been pretty quiet since Allen has been gone, and the game is on grass. Greenway is out, no? They have nowhere near the horsepower in the front 7 that Detroit has, and they're playing away. Detroit's success in coverage was more a function of that front 7 tearing ass on that carpet.
    Griffin's a solid starter. They also have the rookie Barr. Zimmer's Bengals also made Rodgers look like Cutler last time we played them. Coupled with the fact that its just a division game and anything can happen I just don't like it. I liked the matchup more with the Lions and Bears.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    Griffin's a solid starter. They also have the rookie Barr. Zimmer's Bengals also made Rodgers look like Cutler last time we played them. Coupled with the fact that its just a division game and anything can happen I just don't like it. I liked the matchup more with the Lions and Bears.
    Last time Zimmer faced Green Bay, he only had to focus on one side of the game and had a stud DL with Atkins, Peko, Johnson, and Dunlap up front. Griffen's a solid starter, but he's not close to Johnson. And the Vikes have no one in the same universe as Atkins right now. Hell, that Bengals D is continuing to thrive in his absence. They've just got a lot more talent right now than the Vikings. Zimmer will probably get that group tuned up and eventually start flustering Rodgers, but he needs time and talent to bring that bunch up.

I just don't see it for this game.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.