Thread: Packers sign Martellus Bennett

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Bennett is good, but I think Cook is a better fit for the team. I watch a LOT of Patriot games as they are my 2cnd favorite team. Bennett sure didn't seem to have the speed/quickness that Cook does. Bennett was injured much of last season and played through it though. I personally would prefer Cook.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Bennett is good, but I think Cook is a better fit for the team. I watch a LOT of Patriot games as they are my 2cnd favorite team. Bennett sure didn't seem to have the speed/quickness that Cook does. Bennett was injured much of last season and played through it though. I personally would prefer Cook.
    I watch NE as much as I can as well. They are my second favourite team.

We saw Cook run a lot of successful routes to his LHS last season. It seemed to me that the Patriots favoured Bennett running to his RHS. Bennett was valuable to the Patriots offense early in the season and down the stretch his role seemed to change when Stud TE Rob Gronkowski was out with injuries. Bennett focused more then on his blocking yet still managed to set a new career high with seven touchdowns in the regular season. He has averaged about 5 TD a season over the past five. He is a taller and bigger man than Jared Cook and not as fast yet an effective blocker. They are virtually the same age.

This appears to me to be an upgrade at TE.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau