Thread: Brady 4 Game Suspension Upheld

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Its not over!

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 1h1 hour ago
    Addition of Ted Olson to Tom Brady's legal team means #Deflategate isn't ending any time soon
    Of course not, Brady gets to draft an appeal to either the en banc or Supreme Court. Both are long shots so they are going to find the lawyer with the best shot at getting it done. Probably a guy with different skill sets than a litigator. If they are allowed the appeal, the old lawyers will step back in.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Of course not, Brady gets to draft an appeal to either the en banc or Supreme Court. Both are long shots so they are going to find the lawyer with the best shot at getting it done. Probably a guy with different skill sets than a litigator. If they are allowed the appeal, the old lawyers will step back in.
    I don't think its entirely a no brainer. Ted Olson is one of the top appellate guys in the US, so he is costing serious money. Serious money against a long shot appeal.

The only edge here is that if they get granted a review, then the 3 man Court of Appeals opinion is stayed and Brady plays this year. It would be nearly unheard of for this to be heard before the season.

I wish there was a way to try Roger and the NFLPA leadership on a kangaroo court and sent the all to an Italian Basketball League for 5 years.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.