Thread: Studs And Duds - Packers vs. Bears II

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Studs: TT and MM

Monty and Jones go down and TT/MM have Jamaal Williams not only ready and waiting, but in kick-ass form. Moreover, they've got Devante Mays waiting in the wings. TT's draft of three RB's looks pretty damn brilliant now and Stubby coached them up.

Stubby also had his men ready to kick butt in Chicago. And his focus on Williams rushing rather than asking Hundley to clone Arod was studly. I've said it before: Stubby is the finest coach in the NFL when his back is to the wall. If Stubby keeps motivating and adapting, I'm beginning to think we're capable of running the table....
    Yes, I remember many were wondering what in the hell Ted was doing taking 3 RBs in the last draft. Looking back now thank god he did!

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Yes, I remember many were wondering what in the hell Ted was doing taking 3 RBs in the last draft. Looking back now thank god he did!
    IMO you can't have too much depth at RB. Especially after the RB debacle of last year. But I also would have kept 3 QB's and about 30 O-lineman. I would need a 147 man roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    IMO you can't have too much depth at RB. Especially after the RB debacle of last year. But I also would have kept 3 QB's and about 30 O-lineman. I would need a 147 man roster.
    No kidding. Too bad NFL rosters aren't as large as those in the college ranks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    2 out of 3 being (seemingly) decent ain't bad. One is starter material, the other showed up against a tough running D. It almost makes me more interested to see the third because the first two (appear) were hits. More than likely, Mays is the dud, but I still want to see what he has too.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    2 out of 3 being (seemingly) decent ain't bad. One is starter material, the other showed up against a tough running D. It almost makes me more interested to see the third because the first two (appear) were hits. More than likely, Mays is the dud, but I still want to see what he has too.
    Mays is the one with a freak show size/speed ratio. He also had some troubles in college. Wonder if he's a $100 body with a $.10 head?
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.