Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Keys to Victory

Rat Starter

Keys to Victory

In the playoffs, winning isn't everything; it's the only thing. Here's what the Packers need to do to ensure themselves another date with the Seagulls. Some keys are obvious like sex and the city.

Rodgers Must Be a Pimp: To quote Kevin Greene, "It is time." Rodgers needs to carry the team and play like an MVP.

Catch The Damn Ball: No easy drops. No tipping balls into defenders hands. No dropping gimme pick, Mr. Hyde.

Stop The Fuckin' Run: Murray is a legit RB. Must neutralize this stud. Cannot allow the Cowchicks to milk the clock.

Pressure Romo: In the Dal-Det game, Romo surprisingly did not choke in the clutch. Pressure Romo early and constantly, and force him into mistakes.

Protect the Rock: I was a Triple H fan, so didn't like the Rock. Good actor, though. But the Packers must protect the rock. No lazy fumble. No pick of any sort.

Shutdown 88: Dez, son of Anita, raped the Packers last season. No more. No more.

Be Aggressive: The math says go for it on 4th and short in the foe's territory. Being conservative is simply giving the foe a chance to win. Just ask Jim Caldwell.

Score STDs: STDs stands for "standard touchdowns." FGs aren't enough in the playoffs.
    Last edited by Tyrion Lannister; 01-07-2015 at 06:27 AM.

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    Rodgers Must Be a Pimp: To quote Kevin Greene, "It is time." Rodgers needs to carry the team and play like an MVP.

I would go a step further and say the whole team needs to play like a pimp. We need another complete game like the Patriots game. Its the fucking playoffs fer christ sakes, we can't afford any weak leaks from here to the super bowl.

Special teams doesn't need to win the game (although that would be nice), but they sure as hell can't lose the game
    Go PACK

I think the Packers red zone offense will be the key. The Packers offensive line is playing better than the Cowboys right now. The Packers will be able to move the football against the Dallas defense. But they need touchdowns. Oh, and it would help if Rodgers can play the whole game.

They spent part of their time in self scout practices working on red zone.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    They spent part of their time in self scout practices working on red zone.
    So it's fixed, then .
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    So it's fixed, then .
    Check.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Just like they fixed their hammies:

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...1.html#packers
    Last edited by pbmax; 01-07-2015 at 07:52 AM.

Joe's point about the red zone is a good one... the Packers could roll up the field all day but if they're only getting 3 each trip, Dallas will hang around.

Score more points than the other team.

Blog Entries
    I think the keys to victory fall more on the Packers defense than the offense. The Boys D is average and banged up. They give up a lot of explosive plays. Not a great matchup for Dallas on that side of the ball - even if Rodgers can't finish and Flynn's at the helm.

If the Packers can keep Dallas' running game and Witten in check (easier said than done) they'll keep them from moving the chains consistently and win. They may give up a big play or two to Bryant who's size and aggressiveness going and getting the ball will be a tough match for Shields and Tramon - but unless that's combined with a bunch of yards and ToP it won't be enough for Dallas to win.

Dundergenius (and Peppers, Matthews, Hyde, Daniels, Guion, Burnett and HaHa) to the rescue.

The first Dallas series ends with an INT by 42. That's not a key though. It's going to happen.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Joe's point about the red zone is a good one... the Packers could roll up the field all day but if they're only getting 3 each trip, Dallas will hang around.
    We did this against NE and is the main reason IMO why that game looked as close as it was.

Send Najeh Davenport to visit their laundry baskets on Saturday night.
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

Romo didn't throw picks against Det but he didn't look all that good either. His accuracy was off and except for the TD to Willliams and one crossing route to Bryant they didn't have big plays in the passing game. The Packers need to get pressure up the middle on passing downs to keep Romo from getting in his groove.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Romo didn't throw picks against Det but he didn't look all that good either. His accuracy was off and except for the TD to Willliams and one crossing route to Bryant they didn't have big plays in the passing game. The Packers need to get pressure up the middle on passing downs to keep Romo from getting in his groove.
    Would love a pass rush. Rodgers isn't the only beat up QB in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Would love a pass rush. Rodgers isn't the only beat up QB in this game.
    Yeah. Romo's been playing with injuries for most of the year. Murray's banged up too and has a ton of carries.

Lacy, by most accounts, is healthy .

The Passing Game:

** Aaron Rodgers and Tony Romo are equally efficient. Advantage Rodgers @ home?

Tony Romo is 8-0 on the road this season. They havn't played the Packers this season @ Lambeau field.

The Green Bay Packers get the edge here.

** Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb and Devate Adams Vs Dez Bryant, Terrence Williams and Cole Beasley is basically a saw off.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/wr

** Jason Witten gives Dallas the edge @ TE.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/te

The Green Bay Packers have the NO. 11 Ranked pass 'D' Vs the Dallas Cowboys NO. 22 ranked pass 'D'.

See the Battle in the trench' s below.

The Running Game:

Demarco Murray is the NO. 1 ranked RB in the NFL right now. Is he 100% ready to go health wise?

By all reports Eddie Lacy is healthy.

It will be the Dallas's NO. 23 Ranked RUSH 'D' Vs the Green Bay NO. 24 Ranked RUSH 'D'.

See the OL and DL's ***

Attention: Dallas has the NFL's NO. 1 Ranked Offensive Line.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/287579621.html

Video: Mike Daniels on facing Dallas' O-Line

By Tyler Dunne of the Journal Sentinel

Jan. 5, 2015

The Offensive and Defensive lines:

It will be the NO. 8 Ranked Green Bay OL Vs the NO. 17 Ranked Dallas DL.

*** It will be the NO. 1 Ranked Dallas OL Vs the NO. 26 Ranked Green Bay DL.

The key to victory for the Green bay Packers:

An effective Aaron Rodgers for a full game.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-07-2015 at 01:03 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    ** Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb and Devate Adams Vs Dez Bryant, Terrence Williams and Cole Beasley is basically a saw off.

** Jason Whitten gives Dallas the edge @ TE.

I disagree with both, and there is no "H" in Witten. Witten at this stage is as much a possession receiver as R. Rodgers. The two are meeting on opposite trajectories.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

The Running Game:

Demarco Murray is the NO. 1 ranked RB in the NFL right now. Is he 100% ready to go health wise?

By all reports Eddie Lacy is healthy.

It will be the Dallas's NO. 23 Ranked RUSH 'D' Vs the Green Bay NO. 24 Ranked RUSH 'D'.

http://www.foxsports.com/wisconsin/s...defense-010515

Cowboys' Murray will provide 'best test' for Packers' improved run defense

Paul Imig ... FOX Sports Wisconsin

05, 2015 9:30p ET
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau